S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's been gridding my beach?

Headed out to the condo this weekend with the wife, she was kinda angry since Friday I went over to Kelly Co. and picked up a new DFX to replace the old 5500/D I have been using. I usually hunt the beach with my Dually, but with all the sand targets have been non existent. The plan is now I can hunt the dry sand and minimize the trash I would have dug with the PI. I hit a few spots and they were all gridded some time during the night but hunted anyway to try and figure this new machine out, all I can say is WOW!!! Didn't dig not one bobby pin or iron managed a good bit of clean clad and a ring out of the area someone had already hunted. Its a junk ring but definitely one of the coolest ones I found(The big gold one has that honor) Its dolphins all the way around the ring and it fits the wifey, so that made her a little happier. I went for a 19 and 0 streak at the condo finding at least one ring for each trip, and it slowed down for a month or two but the crowds are back in full force... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
Re: Who's been gridding my beach?

S.S.Tupperware said:
Headed out to the condo this weekend with the wife, she was kinda angry since Friday I went over to Kelly Co. and picked up a new DFX to replace the old 5500/D I have been using. I usually hunt the beach with my Dually, but with all the sand targets have been non existent. The plan is now I can hunt the dry sand and minimize the trash I would have dug with the PI. I hit a few spots and they were all gridded some time during the night but hunted anyway to try and figure this new machine out, all I can say is WOW!!! Didn't dig not one bobby pin or iron managed a good bit of clean clad and a ring out of the area someone had already hunted. Its a junk ring but definitely one of the coolest ones I found(The big gold one has that honor) Its dolphins all the way around the ring and it fits the wifey, so that made her a little happier. I went for a 19 and 0 streak at the condo finding at least one ring for each trip, and it slowed down for a month or two but the crowds are back in full force... :thumbsup:

I saw you out there. You drove by me at one point. I saw where the whole beach was gridded. I found about a buck in change.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whoever did grid missed a lot, but hey, I can walk back in my footprints and find stuff I missed with my PI, so who knows... I am gonna spend as much time with the new DFX before I break the Dually back out, water is kinda cool anyway. I might have to send it in, it makes a buzzing sound till I turn the delay on a lil, then it goes away... Usually I am the one out late at night or out before sunrise... love a good breakfast at Pappas and get out before first light...

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

How was it gridded? Did it have posts and flags? If so and the whole beach was gridded, you can bet that it will be sanded soon.

I saw the same thing at Lido Beach in Florida last year and they dug up the whole beach putting in huge pipes and sanding the whole beach.

Seems the government loves to spend money on sand that seems not to stay around too long.

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030

steve from ohio said:
How was it gridded? Did it have posts and flags? If so and the whole beach was gridded, you can bet that it will be sanded soon.

I saw the same thing at Lido Beach in Florida last year and they dug up the whole beach putting in huge pipes and sanding the whole beach.

Seems the government loves to spend money on sand that seems not to stay around too long.

Nope, you could see where someone had dragged their scoop in a nice little grid pattern.

D

digum smacks

i would say me,but the reason why i know its not is because when i grid an area.if you go behind me you will be hard pressed to find anything at all except nails,screws and such ;D,not saying i will get everything just id say 97% of everything

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

snooksion2 said:
i would say me,but the reason why i know its not is because when i grid an area.if you go behind me you will be hard pressed to find anything at all except nails,screws and such ;D,not saying i will get everything just id say 97% of everything
well......there's a challenge if i ever heard one :tongue3: wish i was down there to make a friendly little wager. :wink:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steve from ohio said:

steve, a grid is a pattern that is used by a detectorist, for example....up and down, parallel to the beach, a spiraling circle etc: all the while dragging your foot or your scoop in the sand so you can see where you've been. you can make it really tight or kinda loose.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They worked parallel with the beach, just behind the major spots... but there hoping for easy pickins. There is so much sand your wasting your time hunting the wet so I got a new DFX to hunt the dry fluffy, and my 20 year old 5500/D is still workin like a champ, but this DFX is a big jump for me. I also wanted a newer land machine for the times I can't head to the condo to hunt. But at least I have been able to make mid week jaunts getin the other ready to rent. I do have to admit I have never seen so many pirates on the shore. I welcome the competition, and who knows might make a friend or 3... :occasion14:

therover

Feb 23, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
CZ6a (2),Infinium, E-Trac,CZ20, X5, CZ20,X-Terra 705, Treasure Baron Goldtrax, XL-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

S.S.

You will find that the DFX is going to be a great beach detector. Set up correctly, it will hunt the wet sand super smooth and definitely find the gold.

Not sure if you are going to get the small 5.3 coil, but running that coil with the DFX in 15kHz mode with accepting VDI's of -5 - + 95, you will find a lot of small gold in the dry sand. Sad to say, you will also find a lot of foil too !

Trick is, watch the Signagraph and when you get nice solid bars in the middle of the screen and the VDI is between 5-20, it is a low conductor and a chance of something good.

Have fun with the DFX.

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2

Are you talking about Daytona Beach in front of the Arcade?

That would have been me with my Safari. :laughing9:
I did a beach to seawall pattern though

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No johnie... I haven't been to Daytona in a while...

D

digum smacks

hey seeker what wager is that.i wish you were here to take it.im in florida not ohio and by the way im not relic hunting either 99% of targets are less than 2inches deep.if i dont get 97% on the area i grid i will kiss your rear end

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing9: nope, dont want no rearend kisses ::) ok.....when i move down to the space coast this summer i will be sure to look you up!!!!!! we will put your skills and mine to the test and the winner buys dinner :icon_thumright:

excal/pirate

Jan 28, 2009

in the first place its my beach i just let you find the junk :thumbsup:Whoever did grid missed a lot, but hey, I can walk back in

btw im glad to see that i didt miss any gold and i dont post what i find so i guess youll never know ps last year iwas working a early tide i saw you you were trying to work a cut but you didt wait till the tide was all the way out you were getting battered by the waves and i was working in front of too nice honeys i got 4 gold rings every time i got one the girls would look at me and i would just put my finger to my mouth and shhh im sure i will see you soon take care

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008

seeker41 said:
steve from ohio said:

steve, a grid is a pattern that is used by a detectorist, for example....up and down, parallel to the beach, a spiraling circle etc: all the while dragging your foot or your scoop in the sand so you can see where you've been. you can make it really tight or kinda loose.
Yes I know but a grid is also used by folks who are staking out the beach to re sand it. I was at Lido beach last year and they had it all staked out in a grid for the bull dozers. They resanded the beach and made a real mess of it. There is now a drop off of about three feet in some areas of the formerly flat beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread