Pinpointer Useful?

Overkill Overkill

Feb 18, 2010
I bought one of those pinpointers from KellyCo awhile back when I bought my, I think it was a "Pioneer 500" or something. The metal detector turned out to be defective, and KellyCo was nice enough to credit me my cost in renting an ACE 250 for the day. My question: Are pinpointers ever used on the beach or near/in the water, or are they mainly for, like, parks and stuff?

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What do you think?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In water No way!!!! Near water they work,just dont drop it in the water!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I use a vibra probe in the water everytime I go!

Actually I use it to find targets in my sifter. It sniffs out those pesky little round algae covered sinkers that look exactly like gravel in a heart beat. Also hooks, small earrings, etc. If its small or hard to see I let the vibra probe find it.

Steve :-)

Attachments

• rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 330
  • rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    rev c floating in sifter 1 resized.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 318

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
Yes!
I will not go detecting without my Garrett Propointer period.

I use it sand and in the dirt.

My last time on the beach I located sliver in the dry sand that was so small even with the pinpointer it took me a while before I saw it.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K.

I use my pinpointer(s) at the beach... with some of the tiny finds that either one of my detectors pick up, it really makes the process quicker to use the pinpointer. My Sunray pinpointer can only be used in the dry sand, but my Vibraprobe 570 is waterproof to 30 feet, so it can be used in the water.

They are necessary at the beach though... especially if you're just on vacation and won't be going to the beach all the time.

Bran <><

D

digum smacks

hell no,all i do is beach hunt having a pinpointer means getting on your knees.useless as tits on a bull.you can use one on the beach yes.if you dont like to get alot of targets and you enjoy a aching back it aint relic hunting,i"never want to bend over"unless i see a diamond or money

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions