aquasound

D

digum smacks

fisheye does yours look like mine? its a mac1 aquasound named after the maker,the late herb mcdonald which was half owner of nautilus metal detectors.this unit is a dmc waterproofed basicly.after herb died his son took it over and i think partnered with richard rudy or he bought it either 1 or both.he is the maker of them now also this unit all the circuitry is hand make unlike the new ones are of coarse made like every other circuitry

Attachments

• aquasound.jpg
    aquasound.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 929
  • circuitry.jpg
    circuitry.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,308
Upvote 0

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion2 said:
fisheye does yours look like mine? its a mac1 aquasound named after the maker,the late herb mcdonald which was half owner of nautilus metal detectors.this unit is a dmc waterproofed basicly.after herb died his son took it over and i think partnered with richard rudy or he bought it either 1 or both.he is the maker of them now also this unit all the circuitry is hand make unlike the new ones are of coarse made like every other circuitry
Sorry mate but is not the same.
381170102_a7a44b885b_b.jpg

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holey crap.Does it swing by its self.Were is the remote? :laughing7: Just playing :tongue3:I would like to check one out one day.But i don't see 3500 bucks to spare any time soon.May be i can get that ring back i found last week ,I gave to my other half.An buy one :laughing9: :laughing9:

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
COTTON said:
Holey crap.Does it swing by its self.Were is the remote? :laughing7: Just playing :tongue3:I would like to check one out one day.But i don't see 3500 bucks to spare any time soon.May be i can get that ring back i found last week ,I gave to my other half.An buy one :laughing9: :laughing9:

They were $2500 are they up to $3500 now?

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking of springing for one if I get my other home sold. I would have something unique that gives good depth. I wish it would come with a spider coil.
Thanks for the good information snookieson

fortunate

Sep 9, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
garrett master hunter ads 7, excalibur 1000, whites gmt, compass 77b yukon prospector
I hear they don't do so well in any kind of mineralization...ie-black sand..is this true? fortunate

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the whiter the sand the better they work, black sand is their worst enemy.......Unless your beaches have pure or close to pure white sand, I would think about it hard first.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Glad to see it was made in America. I would wonder though about all the wires hanging inside the box. I hear they are great detectors, but the wires hanging are kind of a hack. They should get those wires under control.

sandsifter

Dec 14, 2007
Rockport Texas
Detector(s) used
SOV GT, EXCAL 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those wires are probably the same in all detectors. The transparent case allows you to view them on the aquasound where you can't see them on other machines. I think it's kinda cool

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in TN said:
COTTON said:

They were $2500 are they up to $3500 now?
The price is 2650$.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
the whiter the sand the better they work, black sand is their worst enemy.......Unless your beaches have pure or close to pure white sand, I would think about it hard first.
Work perfect with gray sand-Hollywood FL. and mix white black sand.
I use the machine from West Palm Beach to Miami Beach with no problems at all.
Also work perfect in Daytona Beach. :headbang:

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Da Sand Crab said:
The two clips holding it shut don't look to sturdy. The placement on the side like that would make it easy to catch on something and pop open. :-\

They are sealed you are not going to open it by popping those clips open.

Nov 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher F-75, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
It looks like a waterproof Nautilas

I remember yrs. ago, some guy taking the Nautilas metal detectors and waterproofing them.

Attachments

• Copy of THCodger.gif
    Copy of THCodger.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,423

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help me

Hi
Please help me about tunning the aquasound
I am Rafael from Acapulco Mexico.I have the old aquasound,like the aquasound of the picture,please, tell me about the tunning the detector. I do not can do it
Can I send my old aquasound to orca team for modified to new aquasound? :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread