EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12x15 SEF did'nt work out at the beach

Got in the 12x15 for the beach. Headed out after work. Got to the beach and when i turned it on it went nuts. Almost like EMI. Noise canceled,Auto -1,2,3 didn't do much. If i hold the coil above the sand "Dry sand" 5 inches it seemed better. If the coil touches the sand i get the falsing. I went to manual all the way down to 7 and still got some chatter. You can hear the threshold going in and out. Pinpointing was impossible because of the pulsing. This is odd because the stock coil doesn't do this at this same beach.

Could this be a bad coil? I took a good look at it and cant see anything wrong.

EZ

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 12x15 SEF did'nt work out at the beach

EZrider said:
Got in the 12x15 for the beach. Headed out after work. Got to the beach and when i turned it on it went nuts. Almost like EMI. Noise canceled,Auto -1,2,3 didn't do much. If i hold the coil above the sand "Dry sand" 5 inches it seemed better. If the coil touches the sand i get the falsing. I went to manual all the way down to 7 and still got some chatter. You can hear the threshold going in and out. Pinpointing was impossible because of the pulsing. This is odd because the stock coil doesn't do this at this same beach.

Could this be a bad coil? I took a good look at it and cant see anything wrong.

EZ

EZ,

It sounds like it could be a bad coil. I have the SEF 15x18" Butterfly for my Sovereign GT, I use it at the beach and it does not do that at all...It is very stable.

D

digum smacks

funny thats what i got on mine and it totaly DESTROYED my wot coil found gold every time but once.7 gold rings in 4 trips also sounds like to me you got it hooked up wrong recheck your wiring.dont know what machine you are using if you spliced it thats the problem .sef colors black,gray,yellow/green,brown. my excal red-black,black-gray,yellow-yellow/green,white-brown sef connector - pin1black pin2gray pin3yellow/green pin4brown excal - pin1red pin2black pin3yellow pin4white hope this helps

OP
OP
EZrider

EZrider

Mar 10, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snook this is on a ETrac.

Im going to call it in and get it replaced.

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

EZ,

I'm using a slightly different coil (10x12 SEF) on the ETrac at iron-rich California beaches without any problems. Maybe a little falsing now and then if I try to crank my sensitivity too high. Good luck. - Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread