J

jims

List,
Just returned from Myrtle Beach. Spent 2 hrs a day for 4 days swinging my vintage 'Big Bud'. I found 3.80 in change, a ladies gold ring and a toe ring. I limited my searches to the dry sand along the beach chairsline and walkways to the condo's. How'd I do for the first time? Should I have expected more? My Big Bud is a late '80's model, am I due for a replacement?

Thanks,
Jim

Upvote 0

Shiftlngsands

Greenie
May 25, 2004
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III
any day you find something is a good day so i would say you did ok we all go out hoping to come home with a fortune.
detectors have come a long way since the 80's but i would keep swinging till you can get something you want (price features)
try tweaking and maybe you can get more depth and sens out of the old detector.

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got back from Myrtle myself. My detector died so I did not do well at all. For your first time and the detector your using you did well indeed. Myrtle Beach is a WELL hunted place. Everything from N. Myrtle to Garden City is pummeled by detectors. An honest estimate would be around 500 th'ers per year. I assume that you stuck to the blanket line because of the detector.
I have gone down for a weekend and found several rings , I've found three rings in less than an hour and I've spent a week ( 6-8 hours a day) without finding any jewelry. ?If I did'nt love the hunt days like that would have ran me off.
I know several "harvesters" down there that don't always do as well as you did. So , good finds!
If you get the chance post some pics and good luck! HH. Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread