3rd hunt w/my new THing partner

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd hunt w/my new TH'ing partner

Well, it was Sunday and my wife had a baby shower to attend. So, not long after my wife left , my 8 year old daughter asks if we could go metal detecting at the beach. We were expecting some bad weather, but that was a few hours away. So off to the beach we went. I explained to her that the rain was on it's way and we would have time to hunt and not much else.

She stuck with me for a good 30 minutes. Normally I seed her path, so that she finds at least a few items to take home. Today, I only had to plant 1 item, the rest she found all by herself. Her finds went in my left cargo pocket and my finds went in my right. It's funny even though she found some pulltabs and bottlecaps they all ended up in my pocket :icon_scratch:

She took a break for a bit and dug a hole while I continued searching the nearby sand. After she was done digging, she chased a few seagulls. I've tried to explain to her that she's not going to catch them, but she just likes to chase them. ;D

Pics from the hunt
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG

My daughter's finds (the souvenir penny was the only 1 I planted)
005.JPG

My finds
006.JPG

Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 3rd hunt w/my new TH'ing partner

Off to a good start kids love doing that, when are you letting her use your Sov.GT ? :laughing7: Good day out Dd60

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The memories of her hunting with you are YOUR treasured memories. Enjoy them.. :thumbsup:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Squished pennies are the best finds for kids!

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool. :thumbsup:

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

willie d said:
Well, it was Sunday and my wife had a baby shower to attend. So, not long after my wife left , my 8 year old daughter asks if we could go metal detecting at the beach. We were expecting some bad weather, but that was a few hours away. So off to the beach we went. I explained to her that the rain was on it's way and we would have time to hunt and not much else.

She stuck with me for a good 30 minutes. Normally I seed her path, so that she finds at least a few items to take home. Today, I only had to plant 1 item, the rest she found all by herself. Her finds went in my left cargo pocket and my finds went in my right. It's funny even though she found some pulltabs and bottlecaps they all ended up in my pocket :icon_scratch:

She took a break for a bit and dug a hole while I continued searching the nearby sand. After she was done digging, she chased a few seagulls. I've tried to explain to her that she's not going to catch them, but she just likes to chase them. ;D

Pics from the hunt

My daughter's finds (the souvenir penny was the only 1 I planted)

My finds
Well done.

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for kind words everybody.

mumszie said:
WTG! She did good!
She's getting better each hunt.

Deepdiger60 said:
Off to a good start kids love doing that, when are you letting her use your Sov.GT ? :laughing7: Good day out Dd60
I think the next step would be the Siver Umax, then the Sov GT further down the road.

Sandman said:
The memories of her hunting with you are YOUR treasured memories. Enjoy them.. :thumbsup:
Oh, I do, believe me. :icon_sunny:

Piercesdad said:
Squished pennies are the best finds for kids!
Yes, she has quite the collection of them already.

COTTON said:
Very cool. :thumbsup:
Well done.
Thanks guys. :icon_thumleft:

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good job................I hope to be taking my 9 year old Grandson to Treasure Island, Fl. in 4 weeks..

helix-2000

Nov 28, 2007
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3; Minelab Excal 2; DFX 300

So glad you have a great partner. So nice to seethe little ones start out and they just enjoy all their finds. WTG.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

willie d said:
I've tried to explain to her that she's not going to catch them

Looks like another great hunt you two had willie, congrats!!
As for the seagulls, here is how you catch them laughpound.gif
[youtube=425,350]hWuyKPGxhFo[/youtube]​

Attachments

• laughpound.gif
    laughpound.gif
    4 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JohnnieWalker said:
Kids learn fast, put her right on the Sovereign!
LOL

Gator-Flea said:
Good job................I hope to be taking my 9 year old Grandson to Treasure Island, Fl. in 4 weeks..
That sounds like fun. :icon_thumleft:

helix-2000 said:
So glad you have a great partner. So nice to seethe little ones start out and they just enjoy all their finds. WTG.
Yep, and it helps me recapture the same enthusiasm I had when I was a newbie.

TreasurDiggrNY said:
willie d said:
I've tried to explain to her that she's not going to catch them

Looks like another great hunt you two had willie, congrats!!
As for the seagulls, here is how you catch them

[youtube=425,350]hWuyKPGxhFo[/youtube]​
Thanks Glenn!

My daughter has studied the video and said she will try that technique next trip out. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions