Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to take my wife to the airport yesterday, so while I was near the beach.... well, you know.. :laughing7:

Hit the beach at 8 am and hunted until 1 pm... Wind was really strong, and the waves crashing, so not a good day to hit the water (and the visability was zero) so I just hit the dry sand first and then hit the breaklines on the way back. Not too bad on clad, a total of $7.21 and even found a 2 Rupee coin and a 2 "New Pence" coin.. Quite a bit of junk, but I am starting to figure out the tones, so bottle caps were minimal (really low, slow, groan)... About 3/4 of the way back, I heard a tone that although I wasnt sure of the tone, it seemed to have "crisp edges" that this machine seems to do with coins, so I dug it.. 6" down with two scoops, and the hole was clear.. I walked into the water to wash the sticky sand out, and suddenly there was the beautiful flash of GOLD... Initial "M" with a piece broken off, but stamped 14k!
Not real heavy at 1.61 g but melt value is $36 so that more than paid for the gas alone!!

I think I am going to love this machine when I get it figured out... I was finding a lot of pennies and dimes really deep, one dime was an easy 16" down.. Amazing..

HH all!

Attachments

• beach finds 4_30_2010.jpg
    beach finds 4_30_2010.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 412
  • 14k M.jpg
    14k M.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"M" is for, MMMmmmmmm.... GOLD!! :hello2:
Grats! :thumbsup:
Can't wait to go detect with you tomorrow... hope we find some good stuff!!! ;D

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread