Beach Hat ...

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I assume you have not hunted at the beach yet..... Fall, winter, spring when the water temperature is below 70 degrees I wear a wet suit in the water. In the summer I wear a bathing suit to blend into the tourist crowd. I always wear a baseball type cap with a front brim to shield my eyes and allow my headphones to fit to my ears. (cowboy hats don't work) Last year I had to wear what my wife calls my "Dork" hat with front brim, rear and side flaps because I became extremely sensitive to the sun while I was on high doses of antibiotics for Lyme Disease. (I actually blistered under my thumb nails, holding the detector and scoop.) With my Dork hat on, I had to turn up the volume some since the flaps were between the headphones and my ears.... I always wear water shoes in and out of the water. (I learned that the hard way from blisters and pointy things in the water.) I take a bottle of water. If I remember while at the car, I take off my perscript ion glasses and just hunt half blind. You don't need to see just be able to hear those faint gold signals. (A wave caught me off guard and swept away a $400 pair of glasses a couple of years ago.) I wear water gloves either insulated dive gloves in the cold season or waterski gloves in the summer. (I do not want to contribute my wedding band to someone else's collection.) Hope this helps. HH Ralph

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Here in hawaii it's pretty warm year around so we just go naked. That way the tourists don't come near and everyone gives you alot of space to work with. :tongue3:

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Da Sand Crab said:
Here in hawaii it's pretty warm year around so we just go naked. That way the tourists don't come near and everyone gives you alot of space to work with. :tongue3:

Attachments

• smiley_faces.jpg
    smiley_faces.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 434
  • smiley_faces.jpg
    smiley_faces.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 420

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am wading I usually wear a baseball type cap but I also wear a Tilley hat. Those Tilley hats are kind of Dorky but serve a purpose in not only keeping the sun off you but Mothers call their kids to leave the weirdo alone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own 2 of these......Work great, love the long bill, keeps the sun out of my eyes, and there is a hidden pocket in it.......

ExtremeOutdoorHatsf.jpg

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Sand Crab - Naked metal detecting?!!! :laughing9: we are going to HI for a few weeks at the end of the month - is there a beach were just Wahines go metal detecting? :laughing9: :laughing9:
We are going to Maui - best beach to detect? Have you ever detected Makena Beach? Thanks.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
nuggetshooter said:
Hey Sand Crab - Naked metal detecting?!!! :laughing9: we are going to HI for a few weeks at the end of the month - is there a beach were just Wahines go metal detecting? :laughing9: :laughing9:
We are going to Maui - best beach to detect? Have you ever detected Makena Beach? Thanks.
...The hard part is figuring out where to keep your finds. ;D
Have never metal on Maui. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread