South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Normann said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Normann said:
The scoop looks nice, but what about the balance ? The handle is mounted in the bottom of the scoop,and no gravity in bottom.
This make the scoop top heavy filled with sand and you need to use more power to keep it straight, i think that's the reason for the free gloves. And with the handle in a 90 degree angel is not easy to make that first dig good. My scoops handle is 45 degree and i can allways see the toe when digging. My scoop has the handle welded to the top of the scoop, makes it in balance when loaded and never tip over.
Is your scoop homemade? It doesnt look as if enough holes were drilled in it.
I made it in a local ss welding shop here in Thailand. I made the plans, i payed 40 usd for it. And yes it is enough holes and the bucket its quick empty.
Its not enough holes for dry sand but it goes to show that the holes must not be as important in the surf. :icon_thumright:

Normann

Mar 18, 2009
Thailand
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Seahunter Mark II,Fisher Goldbug 2
bigcypresshunter said:
Normann said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Normann said:
The scoop looks nice, but what about the balance ? The handle is mounted in the bottom of the scoop,and no gravity in bottom.
This make the scoop top heavy filled with sand and you need to use more power to keep it straight, i think that's the reason for the free gloves. And with the handle in a 90 degree angel is not easy to make that first dig good. My scoops handle is 45 degree and i can allways see the toe when digging. My scoop has the handle welded to the top of the scoop, makes it in balance when loaded and never tip over.
Is your scoop homemade? It doesnt look as if enough holes were drilled in it.
I made it in a local ss welding shop here in Thailand. I made the plans, i payed 40 usd for it. And yes it is enough holes and the bucket its quick empty.
Its not enough holes for dry sand but it goes to show that the holes must not be as important in the surf. :icon_thumright:
This scoop is made for water detecting and wet sand. In wet sand i dig up the target, throw the sand on the beach and use a Vibra probe 570 to find it. If your plan was to detect only the dry sand, i wouldn't use a scope like this.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Normann said:
This scoop is made for water detecting and wet sand. In wet sand i dig up the target, throw the sand on the beach and use a Vibra probe 570 to find it. If your plan was to detect only the dry sand, i wouldn't use a scope like this.
I want the scoop for wet sand in the surf where the waves will wash out the scoop but I would also like the option of using it in dry sand on the beach.
Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread