Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
diggummup said:
I know I wouldn't pay $100.00 for it. Here, go to this guy- http://www.rtgstore.com/, he's local and Kevin was a good guy and i'm sure they could use the business. They sell all kinds of scoops.
I know hes a good guy and local but RTG doesnt have any scoops this large for $100. I kinda like the Stealth wooden handle idea but didnt want to pay so much. Heres the Stealth twin on eBay for $100 and free shipping. . But is it as good as it looks? It looks like a brute. I like it.

Attachments

• sand scoop eBay2.jpg
    sand scoop eBay2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,290
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I like the round wood handle because its easier and cheaper to purchase. I wonder if the round wood would fit and work properly on this unit?

Any comments welcome.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Scoop for a hundred, needs to be a little bit longer, 1o inchs is not enought for me {12 works}...Looks like a cheap version of the Steath.....free ship, 100 bucks, good starter scoop........But if your going to hunt the Ocean, Ruff water..the wood handle will float, and beat you to death....Good for the wet sand, Lakes, bays, were the water is calmer......joe

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Its got to be better than my homemade collender on a stick lol.

It looks heavier than the stealth. Would this be a problem?

If the wood handle is a problem in rough surf, couldnt I just use an iron pipe?

firstbiggestmost

Oct 29, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excall II, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
I like the round wood handle because its easier and cheaper to purchase. I wonder if the round wood would fit and work properly on this unit?

Any comments welcome.

Replacment post hole digger handles are square at the bottom and round at the top.
Thats what I used on my scoop. Cost me $10.00 HH.

Attachments

• Prototype 1 (469x800) - Copy (375x640).jpg
    Prototype 1 (469x800) - Copy (375x640).jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,466

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that scoop and have it bookmarked. I may try one out. I'm all for supporting local businesses, but when the savings are substantial, I gotta let my wallet decide.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the angle mode to your scoop bigCHunter, Nice.....

weight is only a problem if you can't carry it for 5 hours and enjoy hunting....Looks solid, welds look good, last I seen he had sold 7, the guy has the right idea, a knock off of the steath, and a good price.....free shipping...joe

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OldeBeechnut said:
Like the angle mode to your scoop bigCHunter, Nice.....

weight is only a problem if you can't carry it for 5 hours and enjoy hunting....Looks solid, welds look good, last I seen he had sold 7, the guy has the right idea, a knock off of the steath, and a good price.....free shipping...joe
It looks heavier but he says it only weighs 3 pounds. The Stealths weigh 4.5 and 5.5.

The only drawback I can see is the Stealth has more holes.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Someone sent me this PM.

"looks like it may be made by Kaptkosmic from the "FindsMall" forum..."

Does anyone know what Findsmall forum he posts in? I would like to read about it.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not allowed to post links from that forum... or even mention them.
It'll get deleted by the moderators that be.
They don't like that site.

Bran <><

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Heres another good looking scoop but I don't know the price yet. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,310353.0.html

This scoop would be nice if it had larger holes for faster drainage but would be nice in plain sand. The other scoop is a knock off on the Stealth which is my favorite but could use some improvement that I would like but maybe others wouldn't. The wood handle is a plus as it floats upright if you let go of it. In the surf most any scoop can beat you to death.

Weight now is a big concern for me where I want a light wight scoop but want a Miller style handle for easier placement of the point on the bottom. The Stealth is getting kinda pricey.

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
My scoop the handle is angled back a bit so I don't have to lean way forward over the hole to dig.

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am going to purchase a water scoop - I have a nice RTG dry sand scoop. My question is regarding the angle of the long handle. I see some of them, like the Sunspot are at 90 degrees to the scoop and some seem to be angled back a bit. Are the ones at an angle easier to use? If so, can anybody make a suggestion. I saw the one on eBay for $99 with free shipping, and it is at a 90 degree angle. My RTG sand scoop is bent back and was not hard to use. I used it recently in the water for some very lightweight digging, but I can see where it would not hold up ever a lot of use even though it is reinforced in the back for kicking it into the sand. Sandman - the scoops you use seem to be at a right angle to scoop - what say you? I mostly hunt parks etc. but do want to start water hunting more often. I would rather spend a bit more money up front and get one that I will not swear at later because it is uncomfortable to use. Thank you all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread