Going to Panama City Beach FL

E

eternal_photos

Hey everyone!
I'm new to this site!
I'm heading down to Panama Beach, FL, this weekend to visit some of my fiance's relitives, and i'm bringing my detector for the beaches, as well as snorkle stuff! Does anyone know of any legends or stories of treasure from that area? (Northern florida, along the gulf coast for those who don't know)
Or has anyone ever detected there??
What are any laws??
I can't seem to search the forum, so i have to post the questions! :)

Cheers

Aaron

Upvote 0

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
Hey Aron , Don't know of any specific wrecks up there ,I hunt around Cedar Key and Clearwater Beach mainly . The beach area is pretty cool to search in Fl as Far as I know .The only place that you have to worry about is in the water at the beach where a salvage company has an off shore wreck site leased from the state . They own the water if it is in their lease boundary . Most of those are in south east Fl and the keys . I believe that the state has an archaeological site somewhere up where you are going , got to stay out of the water there also , you can swim there ,just no metal detectors.I don't know what type of detector that you have ,if its not waterproof I would stay out of the surf anyway ,the spray will get in it and screw up the circuit board . Watch the tide charts and go while the tide is going out ,don't wait till it is all of the way out because it will be comming back in soon and you won't have as much time . Some detectors are ok in the wet sand and some are not .If it acts up just check out the dry sand. Man this is a great site ,I just found it recently and really enjoy it. They don't push for donations to keep it going but the information and people here are great .try clicking on being a charter member and check it out . ,its super cheap ,chump change really . you should be able to go almost any where but a few select places here even though you aren't a charter member ,just register .then be a sport and become a charter member after you meet all the good guys. Good luck on your trip I hope you find the gold and coins there ,nobody finds it all so there is some there with your name on it. Bob

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Aaron, I hunted there last year...no legal problems at all and I hunted both the beach and water. May be just a little early in the season. I found all types of things from knives, jewelry, coins to glasses. Be sure to hit around the pier and the clubs on the beach. I turned in all keys I found in the club areas and the ones I found with the hotel names on them...seemed to give the people there an appreciative attitude. Happy Hunting and Good Luck. Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread