Alki Beach. Seattle

Gretchen

Aug 2, 2004
Hi,
Has anyone metal detected Alki Beach in West Seattle. Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine for August 2000 on their cover shows beachcombers and metal detecting at low tide. I will be visiting my daughter next month in the Seattle Area. From the internet I understand that the bulkhead at the site of the historical Luna Park (amusement park) is under construction. Has anyone found anything great? Gretchen.

Upvote 0

Damon

Greenie
Jul 15, 2004
Seattle, WA
Yeah, I went out there at a real low tide for the year last July. Some people have found some old coins there, but I ended up just digging junk and getting a lot of .22 shell casing hits. The pilings were all exposed from the amusement park that used to be there. The construction is just on the bulkhead itself, and is fenced off. Doesn't seem worth it until the next really low tide occurs.

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I was the person on the cover of Western & Eastern Magazine August 2000 hunting Alki beach that day. I have found a lot of great finds at the Luna park site .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread