Persistence Pays Off

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went out this morning and it was a beautiful morning. I went to a small beach I don't hunt too often because I don't like it. The bottom is soft and spongy-like as soon as you walk out into the water. I sink down with every step and I simply do not like hunting this paticular beach but... people do go in the water there so ... The first hour and a half I just wasn't getting any hits at all. Then I got a couple hits but just couldn't get them up. The bottom is not sand but spongy goop-like stuff that once the scoop is full it is very heavy. Then trying to get it out of the scoop... well that was hard too. It was hard work! My scoop was so heavy with each dig that I just plain got tired of digging and then... I would lose the signal. RATS! Then I got a couple coins and a screw. Then another hit that I just could not get up. It sounded like and acted like a pair of sunglasses but I couldn't get them in my scoop. I might also mention that the water is dark by the time you get past your ankles so you can't "see" anything either.

051210.jpg

STILL I hung in there and finally I was rewarded. I "thought" I had joined the class ring club at last but no.... it was not a class ring. It was a military ring. United States Army and although it looked good it is only 10k gold filled. It said so inside the ring and also said Crest Craft on the inside. I looked it up on the internet and didn't find the one I have but it looks like they are pretty cheap. Ah well. I am happy with it.

Ring0512102.jpg
Ring0512101.jpg

I hope your day was as good or better! :wink:

Upvote 0

tri trackers

Feb 8, 2008
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202
Hey you did good. Beats sitting in an office chair!! Hope you do well tomorrow too!
Cindy

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work, I would be happy with that... :thumbsup:

herbcat

Jan 13, 2010
long island, ny
Detector(s) used
mx7 1776 king charles 111 silver reale
:icon_thumright:

congrats on the ring and iam sure it was nice to get out in the sun.
rain all day here in ny. and it was 45 degrees. i might get out tomorrow.

herb.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey!

Great work! Way to stay on it! Ive hunted days before in terrible stuff and come out with something good on the way to the car. Way to hang in there!

CB

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would've made my day.

You haven't joined the class ring club yet? I predict this will be your year. :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Nice Gold, I like it! Seems like the finds are just getting better, and better........I know that mud, muck, clay sand mix, stuff, you just kind of wonder if the next step is going to go knee deep....joe

goldfever

Nov 6, 2009
Mumszie;
I noticed you are pretty good at finding rings :)
I guarantee that if you go to a more affluent beach you would find some good gold etc..
If you can find rings, even if they are worthless, you have the skill !

My advice is to travel to areas where the rich people go

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
snooksion2 said:
try to find the owner could get a reward :icon_thumright:

I don't know how I would do that. There is no initials, no name, nothing to give me a clue as to where to begin. I could put a note up at the place but......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring Mumszie, I would be happy with it.

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Way to go on persisting in the slop! :thumbsup: Same here - I dug a great gold ring from the mud several weeks ago, worth the effort.... :hello2:

seadoodiver

Apr 23, 2010
Fort Myers Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hope so....I go out amost everyday, Im not complaining, but all i seem to find is beer caps, beer cans, condom wrappers, fish hooks, and loose pocket change. I have yet to find any rings or gold anything...Maybe today will be the day!
Jeff
Cape Coral FL

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a name inside to trace it back ? Maybe find the owner

Rockyredbaron

HH to all