wonder how the giant oil spill will affect detecting

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
Upvote 0

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i live on the East coast and they say it will be here in 4 months! no swimmers= no loot!

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
i`m on the west coast of florida and i hope it doesn`t effect our beaches here...i read today they`re finding oil clumps in the keys!!!!
terrible news......better get out there now while we can! :hello:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
miket said:
i`m on the west coast of florida and i hope it doesn`t effect our beaches here...i read today they`re finding oil clumps in the keys!!!!
terrible news......better get out there now while we can! :hello:

Is it just me, or did I read someone say somewhere that these raw oil clumps have mineralization in them that show up on a metal detector?? *add sarcasm here* Maybe we should get down there in the keys with some detectors and see if we can help relocate whatever finds we make down there... it's the "least" we can do! :icon_pirat:

Bran <><

bottomscratcher

Mar 1, 2010
Eastern CT
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers pulse 8 x
A scoop full of tar is a sobering thought. This disaster has already had an impact on tourism. It will affect us all in some way. I feel for everyone on the Gulf Coast.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four weeks ago they said it would be on our beach in 3 days. Tourists are staying away in droves and we haven't seen any of it yet. Media hype has been worse than the spill for our area. I hope our luck holds.

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
:tongue3: uh-oh!! here it comes!

Attachments

• 3m13o93le5O25Y65Z3a5p6ab41d33c2261bac.jpg
    3m13o93le5O25Y65Z3a5p6ab41d33c2261bac.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 329
T

TreasurdiggrNY

No problem at all I'd say. Here is a pic of my buddy from his last trip out in the gulf near the spill site
610x.jpg

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless if the recent drops from beach visitors drops off, this oil will make our wet suits stink. We could wring them out in a bucket for changing the oil in the car. :laughing7:

What is worse is now all the oil companies are going to raise prices to recoup the $$$ spent on clean up whether they did any or not. :help:

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This oil spill was in Australia (March 2009).

Attachments

• australianbeach032009.jpg
    australianbeach032009.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 310

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The gulf has a strong current...surface current that hits the west coast of florida and go around....and out into the gulf stream which is an even stronger faster current.

The oil will follow that. There is enough out there to shmeg ever godamn beach in the east coast. I predict parts of greenland and europe will get biffed.

Its tragic. Whats on the surface isn't all that was/is being released. Its about 15 miles long, 10 mils wide, and about 300 feet deep...plus large/gigantic pockets underneath.

The well is pumping out at minimum 50 thousand gallons a day. More likely around a million gallons. Just do the math...its probably worse spill ever.

Is this gonna affect our hobby...you betcha. It is gonna shit all over it. And it aint gonna be clean again for decades.

Happy $%#ing Hunting.

D

digum smacks

lord have mercy your link seems to be broken or you put up the wrong link

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasurDiggrNY said:
No problem at all I'd say. Here is a pic of my buddy from his last trip out in the gulf near the spill site

Glenn now thats funny. :laughing9: But BP sucks, :cussing: :angry5:

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
The oil companies have been in bed for a long time with BOTH parties in Washington (different feathers of the same bird).
There are plenty of lobbyists and special interest groups working for the oil companies best interest and PROFITS!

The current and last Presidential administrations have taken sizeable campaign funds
From BP (google it).

This tragic spill has only been delayed because of oil greed and not attempting to plug the hole correctly without oil loss.

Now do some reading about the corruption with the inspectors from BP and the connections to Washington…it really disgusts me.

Oh yeah, It will also mess up water detecting for a long time,,,,,,,,kill off the fishing industries, hurt tourism, wipe out precious wildlife, and further deplete money from the economy???????

A little to late ya think??? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread