Youd think...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
You'd think...

You’d think…

This morning was one of those beautiful mornings when it was a joy to be out there hunting. The day was not too cold and not too hot, it was just right. The water was absolutely calm, hardly a ripple. The water was very clear even when I was chest deep I could see the bottom clearly. I even had a dolphin playing near me. Not real close but near enough. He/she was beautiful. Oh yes, it was a perfect morning.

You’d think… I'd find some great stuff. I didn’t. Well, I did find a pair of hoop earrings. They weren’t together either. I was trying to do a pretty tight grid and I found one going out into the water and the other I found about 3 lines down coming back in from the water. They are a set but just cheapo’s. I found a little bit of change ($1.01), a metal button, a kids toy - lying on the bottom - and the usual junk. No gold today, no silver.

0519101.jpg

0519102.jpg

Button051910.jpg

You’d think… I’d be sad. Well I'm not. It was a great morning. My only real complaint is that at this particular beach there is a time limit that you can hunt and you have to leave at 9 am. I was just getting into it and would have liked to stay a lot longer. Oh well…. There’s always tomorrow and another beach.

I hope your day is as good or better. I can’t wait to see YOUR finds! :wink:

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: You'd think...

glad ya got out Mumzie, am gonna head out myself just to play around, dont expect much since the tides coming in here..but need to walk the sands.. still not really tourist season here yet, but will feel good to see the waters, waves and listen to the quiet.. off and running..

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a

Nice hunt there Mumzie.....always good to see black quarters coming out of there....if you were at CWB then that's a really really good sign.....gold can't be far away for the astute detectorist.....get back out there!....HH...Brian

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like you were in my neck of the woods :wink:

Nice finds.

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II

I guess you have to look at the glass half full it is not every day you see a dolphin . May gold cross you coil soon . hh Rob :coffee2:

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580

Good for you Mumzie for enjoying the day, and doing something that you love to do.

As I can tell from your post, it isn't always just about the finds. If it were, we'd mainly just be a bunch of grumpy old men and women wondering around the parks and beaches with nothing good to say!

Besides, making friends with a dolfin would be very cool!!

Cheers, :icon_thumright:

Ralph

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

underdogger said:
I guess you have to look at the glass half full it is not every day you see a dolphin . May gold cross you coil soon . hh Rob :coffee2:

It has been a long time since I seen a dolphin. :thumbsup: We have to saver the days we can get out to let our worries flow down the detector shaft into the water.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very cool.... I was once fishing and had one come in, and start going crazy in circles in the shallow water... After about a minute, I knew it wasnt hunting and began wondering if it was hurt or something.. It had really stirred the water up... Then, the water turned bloody... WHAT??
I then saw it stop, and next thing I knew, it was helping it's baby to the surface to breathe... They then swam off slowly together.. This all happened about 10 ft away from me.. I will never forget that, and the warm feeling I had as they swam off...

Good Karma!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread