seals ?

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
Re: seal's ?

seals wasn`t my problem..... 2 machines out of 3 were cracking where the box bolts together...2 were sent in and one was repaired and the other was totally replaced with a new machine. The bolts were torqued too tight and cracking where the screw head sits...Whites agreed i should send them in and they repaired them....... on the new machine i see it is cracked again at 1 bolt..been 6 months now.
i don`t know what is happening....i clean them off every time when we get back from hunting...and they`re in an a/c controlled environment when they are home.

these are very easy to use detectors...they have found a lot of stuff and we like them --but for the money they cost i wouldn`t buy another at that price anyways... :tongue3:

excal/pirate

Jan 28, 2009

let me start off with i had a excal 2 until some one took it when i was down south i found another one brand new on the west coast but had falsing problems right away bad coil right out of the box took it back but they didt have any more so i bought a bhid 300 not a bad machine but its way over rated compared to a excal no depth and very hard to pin point in the water also this machine tends to false alot when waves are hitting it but when sumerged it works ok the machine can cover alot of ground fast but i have yet to find any gold with it on beaches that i would get at least 1 to 2 gold a trip so as far as i can see i would save your money as the bhid cant tell the differnce from bobby pins or gold rings at least with the excal i can tell the differnce between bottle caps and i dont dig bobby pins ps i have used the bhid in the water and have not had a leak problem yet (knock on wood ) new excal on the way good luck on your choice

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you do not open the box on the beach you should be OK. I expect the leaking is from improper operator error. My gripe with them is the coil floats like a cork and extra force must be used to keep the coil down while in the water. The coil is nice to use on the dry sand but not as deep as the Excal or my Cz-20 with 10" coils. Good Luck with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread