Dont forget to detect under the water slides.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to detect under the water slides.

In a lot of parks they have water slides for everyone to slide down. If you get there in the morning real early you have not only the swim areas to yourself, but the water slides. The park personnel usually place cinders or heavy gravel at the bottom of the slides as sand would soon wash away. I hunt all of these I can every time I get a chance to as guests have to pay some coins to slide and the rest usually gets washed out of pockets with rings or other jewelry coming off too. Dollar bills are washed farther out to settle on the bottom or in the water plants.

Using a detector under the slides is about impossible with the cinders, even with a Excal so I just scoop and collect all the quarters I can. They are all clad now, but where the swings used to be in the water there were silver coins once. See if you can find old pictures of the beaches to see where all the old play equipment used to be.

Attachments

• Water slide.jpg
    Water slide.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Don't forget to detect under the water slides.

good idea on that one Dennis, thanks..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread