Saltwater slump over in a big way thanks to Snooksion!

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with Snooksion on the west side for an afternoon hunt.... The wind was blowing hard, good 3-4' waves crashing and very close together... Wasnt an hour into the hunt when Snooksion gave the big thumbs up... Waded over to him and he had found a very nice Mens wedding band in 14k.... I have not been lucky in the surf on 4 attempts, and I needed to find something really bad to justify the gas I have been using to get to either coast (I live in central Florida)... Wasnt finding any targets except for two pennies, and between the waves and the monster of a scoop that he was kind enough to let me use (my little sand scoop is laughable) I was getting pretty beat up... At 7pm Snooksion said we needed to hit a different beach, so we left.. Got to the other beach and it had laid down pretty well... I had been following him around like a puppy and decided to go the opposite direction.. Saw a spot where strangely the water was smooth... Hmmmmmm... Got to it and right at the water line the sand opened up into a big hole, about 30 yds long and 15 yds deep... Within a couple minutes, I found an egg sinker. A couple feet later, another egg sinker. "If a round, heavy sinker is sitting in this hole, why not gold" I thought to myself.. Hadnt gone another 10 ft when the Excal gave a nice low tone that slightly broke up when I swept it several times... First big scoop with the monster showed a clear hole... Walked up to the wet sand and dumped the scoop, sure enough, the same growl... Dug around the shells/sand, and although barely light enough to see, the rich gold color was impossible to miss... BRACELET!!!
I grabbed it up, ran down the beach, and told Snooksion "you gotta come hit this hole with me", and dropped the bracelet into his hand.... "14k" he said, and we were high-five'ing each other!!!
First pic is of the huge number of targets I retrieved in probably 4 hrs of hard hunting, and had it not been for that lucky find, would have only been $1.25 in clad...
Not only luck, but Snooksion making the call to move are to thank for my wonderful find... And best of all, my surf slump came to an end....
Melt calculator puts the value at $530... :o :hello2: :o
HH all, and stay safe this weekend!

Attachments

• 05_28_2010 finds.jpg
    05_28_2010 finds.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 657
  • gold bracelet.jpg
    gold bracelet.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 654
  • gold bracelet 2.jpg
    gold bracelet 2.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bracelet.. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: I went to another forum where I can check the gold value and that comes to $530.00 at todays gold prices. Now you have enough for gas and a Sunspot scoop.

Attachments

• Stealth Scoops.jpg
    Stealth Scoops.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 572
  • Stealth Scoops.jpg
    Stealth Scoops.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 569

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Christof!!! Great looking bracelet... :hello2:
Snooksion is a good guy. :)

Bran <><

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Very nice bracelet.. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: I went to another forum where I can check the gold value and that comes to $530.00 at todays gold prices. Now you have enough for gas and a Sunspot scoop.
Thanks Sandman... Actually, I am going for that $99 look alike... He has great feedback on the scoop, and although not a Sunspot, it will be 10 times better than the thing I have now.. Also, I saw that Snooksion had to weld his in several stress spots that broke, and if you are going to pay that much for a scoop, it should be nearly indestructable, or at the very least, guaranteed for a long time...
Scoop sure makes a difference on how much digging you do, that is for sure... It was so nice to do one scoop, and find an empty hole, rather than 5 scoops and still have a target in the hole...

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big time congrats.. thats one NICE find.. Hope both of your next outtings are as successful.. :thumbsup:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Wow Congrats on a real Lunker. Dave never took me nowhere :laughing7: As for a good scoop like the sunspot, I've had mine for 20+ years now, even ran over it. I can't tell you how many $99 scoops I broke before I wised up.

Gobyman

Jul 21, 2009
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
WTG Silver :icon_thumleft: Yeh Snook is a hard core MD'er, he'll get you going no matter how rough the surf is :laughing9: But he he always seems to find the good finds.

HH
Gobyman

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds and great to hunt with a friend!!!!!!!!!!!

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too awesome! You on your find and Snook on his generousity, not alot of Hunters would take you to their good spots! Great job and your right about the site of gold!

CB

Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Finds like that are what it's all about Christof! I hope my slump ends with something as nice.

I'm interested in what you think of the $99 Sunspot look alike. Please post your impressions of it after you give it a good workout.

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread