does spending the big bucks on a detector equal big finds need help big time

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just curious say for instance I have this pal (its not bob) who wants to convince his girl friend that spending say £699 - £1000 on a detector just for the beach wet and dry no deeper than say ankle deep.

He also wants to bring home the goodies in order that he can get out of various commitments he currently has and figures if he brings in the gold for her to wear he will be able to get out more often.

He could of course just buy gold and go out detecting but he isn't dishonest plus he will be stuck with elcheapo digging fishing weights.

so please help my friend what detector please and how much gold could he expect per day

many thanks

Upvote 0

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go buy a cute jar or vase and put the trinkets that you do not want into it ... as far as she is concerned thats hers .... everything else, rathole it until you can get enough to buy what you want!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Dig deep hole.

2. Push girlfriend in.

3. Go Detecting.

M

miser

Sandman said:
We can't help you with a machine till we know where you are. Generally the more money you pay for a major brand detector the better it will be as a jack of all trades. Water detectors are a special group. Many times you only need one nice piece of jewelry to pay for the detector.

As for having to ask the girl friend what you can spend, You are a gonner. May as well cut'em off and hand them to her cause it is only going to get worse. :help:

Amen, brother. I thank God for my wife every day. No nut buster, that one.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well......if i hadn't realized it before, i have a great,great wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :icon_thumright:
your friend and his girlfriend probably wont be together long, i know some guys do what he is doing but for how long??

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
metal mania said:
Sandman said:
metal mania said:
thanks for all the great replies told my friend and he said he lives 1/2mile from coastal areas with approx 100 miles of coast line within 20 miles and will only be hunting sand wet and dry plus shallow water.

And that he would buy a detector decided to not tell his girl friend and claim he needs the money for car repairs.

He will get another friend to cover him by writing a reciept for car repairs.

many thanks

Geez, what wasted life. He just needs to get a new girl friend or ask doctor for advice on his Low T.
what is low t please

Low T is Low testosterone. Loss of "guts", asking for permission before opening the fridge for a beer, or turning the channel. Carrying wife or girl friends purse, spending lots of time in fabric stores and shopping for shoes for the other sex amoung other female activities.
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: ;D ;D ;D :icon_thumright:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MT Pockets said:
Look at it from a Positive way.. When she finds out that he bought a new detector.. she'll become upset and take the ring off of her finger that he bought her and toss it...

at least he'll be able to find it.. and this will be the Ultimate start to his new Hobby..
then he'll be able to recoup some of his detector funds.
and it'll be his first Ring find.. :thumbsup: :sign13:

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: good way to see the bright side Bro :icon_thumright:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
1/ You're a Brit!

2/ Most Brit beaches bar the main popular ones don't get much action!

3/ There are lots of detectorists in the UK with the same idea as you...or your "friend"!

4/ Buy a Garrett Ace 250 and watch all the "crackbadger" vid's on youtube!

:thumbsup:

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Forget it ... he will never get permission from his girlfriend to go and use it.

He sneaks around and buys the detector ... now ... how is he going to get time away from her to use it?

I recommend he stay on the porch with the rest of the puppy's and forget about running with the big dogs.

Willee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread