Almost went hunting on a public beach until.....

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I read the sign.

Look at the right side of the restrictions list. This sign is located in Florida on Singer Island. I guess the city of Riviera Beach controls the beach. I should have looked into this to find out if it was for all the beaches or just this one but my enthusiam was at a bit of a low point after reading this sign and we were only there for a short stay. Singer Island is in Palm Beach County on the East Coast of Florida. I should have done a bit more research and not assumed anything. Lesson learned.

No Surfing, NO Fishing, NO Metal Detecting etc... By the way that particular beach did not have many people on it. Go figure.

Ray S ECenFL

Attachments

• Riviera Beach Resized.JPG
    Riviera Beach Resized.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,626
  • Riviera Beach Resized.JPG
    Riviera Beach Resized.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,626
Upvote 0

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could've swore that only private beaches, which are few & far in between, are able to intact that rule?
That stinks...

Bran <><

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can you find out if you might need a permit.. one beach I hunt I have to have a permit for it .. which I have.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No swimming either ? might as well included that to no wonder the beach is empty :icon_scratch:

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
I prefer go overseas to metal detecting. In that sign there is 16 don't do

1. Don't drink beer
2. No pets, include myself
3. Diving
4. Fire
5. Fishing
6. Glassware
7. Hard or pointed object
9. Littering
10. Loud music
11. Metal detecting
12. Sand Throwing
13. Solicitation
14. Surfing
15. Umbrellas?
16. Vehicles

The 17 should be " No illegal immigration beach user"!!

:icon_thumright:

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should say at the bottom (This is your beach enjoy it!)

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Just an FYI, on this beach you can hunt in the water and up in the wet sand, just not on dry. According to the lifeguard captain, beach goers complained about getting sand in their faces by diggers. That's what I was told. I have hunted here though in the water.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what happens when you have a bunch of affluent, narrow minded, better than thou, nose in the air people existing in the confines of their upscale beachfront condos in their own "little" world. I guess they can make their own rules and regulations. Seems to me it ought to be illegal for them to not allow detecting, fishing, diving and surfing on a public beach. Whats next? No swimming or no bikinis or here's one better-
The beach is for your viewing pleasure only, please stay off the sand and don't go near the water.
Violators will be icon_hunter.gif

godisnum1 said:
I could've swore that only private beaches, which are few & far in between, are able to intact that rule?
That stinks...

Bran <><
That's what I thought too, besides State Parks which may or may not allow it depending upon the Park Ranger in charge and of course National Parks located on the beach which are always off limits.

billinstuart said:
Remember, it's Riviera Beach, crime central. Be VERY careful there!
Yes but it's Singer Island, a whole different world.

Attachments

• icon_hunter.gif
    icon_hunter.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,484

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
I sure hope they never need to add this one to the list: "No Oil Slicks Allowed" :o

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is easy to fix, don't go to the city of Riviera Beach. I would send them an email advising them that after seeing what is prohibited at their local beach you will not be scheduling your company's convention there, but will instead move it to a more friendly location.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eggzachery. tell the chamber of commerce that you'll never set foot in one of their hotels, restuarants, game rooms or any other money making townie thing.

They'll probably tell you; "Good, we don't want your types here anyway".

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there was nobody on the beach why would you want to hunt there :icon_scratch:

halfstep

May 11, 2010
finderzzs said:
Just an FYI, on this beach you can hunt in the water and up in the wet sand, just not on dry. According to the lifeguard captain, beach goers complained about getting sand in their faces by diggers. That's what I was told. I have hunted here though in the water.

I would tell the lifequard (which sounds like he has an easy job since nobody uses the beach) that they need have a rule against kids playing in the sand because they throw sand and it is getting in everyone's face. They need to have a rule that doesn't allow the wind to blow so it won't get sand in someone's face.

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I have a time share on Singer Island at the Marriott (for about 7 yrs now). Singer is NOT Riviera Beach. That sign, I think if I'm not wrong, is by the stripmall. I don't think RB has any highrises like in the background of the pic. Like was stated Riviera Beach IS a high crime area. Singer is not. I wouldn't MD in RB any time. But I must admit I don't know what the rules are on Singer.

PS: A bit of history... the site of the current Marriott was the site of the motel that Lloyd Bridges' charactor worked out of in "Sea Hunt". LOL

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indasurf said:
I sure hope they never need to add this one to the list: "No Oil Slicks Allowed" :o
Hate to be an ass, but I hope they get hit the hardest when that oil swings around the Keys.... Uppity people need to be sterilized..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread