Not the gold I wanted.....

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
>:( >:( >:( yep BP needs to pay big time for this!!!!!

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
I live in Queensland Australia, last year we had a ship leak oil and it washed up along our coastline, the cleanup job was huge, the cost to marine life unimaginable, I'm afraid to say our problem is a drop in a bucket in comparison with what you will have to deal with over there...We feel your pain!

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just hope the states and administration act faster now that its storm season. What happens when all the gunk get pulled further inland (look how far Katrinas surge came in).

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out a bit ago to see what the beach looked like. It hasn't gotten quite this far yet. I'll post these pictures for reference and get some more when it makes it here.

beach.jpg

beach2.jpg

bootey_hunter

Apr 21, 2010
that sucks.. i had plans on going to FLA to do some hunting this summer... now im not sure... are you on the gulf coast? maybe the east coast is still fair game.

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, gulf coast up in the panhandle.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bootey_hunter said:
that sucks.. i had plans on going to FLA to do some hunting this summer... now im not sure... are you on the gulf coast? maybe the east coast is still fair game.
So far the east coast is clear, no oil. I'm in Hollywood which is between Ft Laud and Miami.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
The oil will cut into the amount of gold we find. Already people in Florida have noticed a reduction in the visitors going to the beach. Ditto other states around the Gulf.

The question that needs to be asked is why did Obama say that he sent swat teams to the area when swat teams have no idea on what to do with an oil well blowout?

And why is it that Obama has not got together the heads of the oil industry to get them together to stop this oil volcano?

I hate to see the Gulf get hit with this during the bad economic times we are in right now....it is going to put the nail in the coffin for most around the Gulf of Mexico.

And it will cut into the gold that we love to find.

Burning Metal

Dec 6, 2008
Tampa Bay area Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'm here on The Suncoast of Florida, south of Tampa. They said that we might not get any oil here as the way the loop current runs might keep it away. With that being said, there is a possibility we might get some, right now they said that there is oil is about 150 miles West of this area...

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
It is really a tragedy that the Obama administration didn't get the oil industry as a whole to take care of this disaster, instead of listening to BP, as they sputter lies about how quickly they would be able to stop the leak and get things back to normal.

BP has dropped the ball big time. What's even worse is that according to news, sources they are only on the hook for a maximum of 750 Million US$. The tax payers of the US will have to foot the bill for the rest, thanks to a bill that was passed by your previous administration, G.W. Bush.

This might partly explain why BP has been dragging their feet. They've already spent close to the maximum limit so they may start dumping the problem back to the government. I've heard some rumors that they might just be considering cutting their losses and limiting their future involvement on this problem oil well. Their name here in North America is now mud, and no matter how much more money they spend in order to try to repair the damage they have done in the Gulf, it will not increase their chances of ever working any new oil rigs here in the Gulf again. They can still do well as an entity working their existing wells outside of the US. I don't know if they will go down this road, but it is something that I have heard / read of lately on the business columns.

Either way, unfortunately, this disaster is going to wreak havoc for possibly an entire generation. My wife and I were thinking of purchasing a condo in the Florida gulf later this fall, but due to the size and the potential damage this spill will cause has made us change our minds.

I really hope that the oil industry as a whole can get together and do something before it's too late, I really feel for the people of Florida and the gulf states. This, on top of the latest economic turmoil must be horrible to live through.

My thoughts are with you all!

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread