DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I made it here to Clearwater Beach for a week. My first day out was this morning at the butt crack of dawn and it went downhill from the moment I stepped out the door onto the beach.

First my detector would not start up correctly. Then it did. Don't know what was up there other than it has been two years.

Second, I walk straight to the water and just when I get to the water, there is a towel laying there with car keys on it. I look up and see a guy swimming his head is barely out of the water but I saw him eventually. No big deal so far. I get in the water directly in front of the towel and start hunting around that area.

I have been there about 5 minutes when a couple calls to me. They are up on the beach where I entered the water. I have to take off the earphones and the woman is pointing toward the sand and asking me "Is this stuff yours?" I thought she was talking about the towel of course. I shook my head no. She then promptly bends over and picks up a necklace with a medallion attached and what I believe was a bracelet. I had moved abour ten yards from where I thought the towel was up on the beach. The necklace and bracelet was sitting in some seaweed. Obviously left there the day or night before by someone. I felt like an idiot! Good for them though. Metal detectorist 0 and beachcomers hit a homerun. I didn't ask what they had found and just pretended it was no big deal. Wish I could take that back!!!

Third. my detector starts acting up again. Later I figured it out. You need to charge your batteries stupid.

Well anyway the first day out sucked. Two earrings and two pairs of sunglasses and a nickle.

Tomorrow is another day!!!

DaChief

Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well that sucks! Would have been kinda hard to say "Oh yeah... I dropped all that jewelry". Karma baby....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
When i saw what they picked up my hand would have flew to my neck..."OOOHHH..lordy,i didn't even know! And here's me searching for other peoples things while i'm losing my own stuff! Thanks so much for finding it,have a nice day!"
But then hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.Things can only get better mate! (or worse,if you detect after not charging ya batteries for 2 years!! lol)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry DaChief, we all have days like this. I usually have lil kids bend down in front of me to retrieve a neckless they saw in the water. Now I wear Polarized sunglasses.

M

miser

You did the right thing.

You told the truth.

Truth hurts, don't it? :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions