Two days

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
The last two days have not been the most productive as far as finds go. Yesterday I found very little, 1 penny and 1 quarter but I did pick up this rope thing that "I think" goes on a seadoo and when it pulls out the machine stops?????? I don't know it is just a guess.

060610.jpg

This morning wasn't much better. I did find a towel, a small ball and a childs vest before I even got in the water.

vest060710.jpg

Then when I finally got in the water I didn't get a hit for over an hour. Then I managed to hit a small coin spill, mainly pennies, 1 nickle and 1 dime. No quarters today at all.

060710.jpg

Then I spotted some cheap goggles lying on the bottom and picked those up. My big find of the morning was a 500 pesos coin.

Pesos500060710.jpg

I don't know what it's worth but it is pretty cool to me. My husband loves the foreign coins so I will give it to him for his collection. So no gold or silver lately bit still a good day.

I hope your day is as good or better. :wink:

Upvote 0

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
found a calculator...looks like that 500 pesos is $38.77 USD. That will pay for gas :icon_thumright:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Twirl or rub that gray ball thing under the goggles in the last photo all over a good magnet and let me know what happens Mumszie laughpound.gif

Attachments

• laughpound.gif
    laughpound.gif
    4 KB · Views: 348
OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
TreasurDiggrNY said:
Twirl or rub that gray ball thing under the goggles in the last photo all over a good magnet and let me know what happens Mumszie

It opens up! LOL I've found one of those before.

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didnt i read something about 500o outer rings still being 40% silver?

check it out im not sure

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mums... the "Seadoo key" is actually the strap from a boogie board... the plug has just been pulled out of the foam board, that's all.

Bran <><

Attachments

• Kids Boogie Board.jpg
    Kids Boogie Board.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 369

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
mumszie said:
SYKO said:
found a calculator...looks like that 500 pesos is $38.77 USD. That will pay for gas :icon_thumright:

YOU'RE KIDDING! THAT ONE COIN? WOW! I guess I did better than I thought. Thanks

how many of you have $40 coins laying in the coin find drawer and didn't know it? ;D

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
godisnum1 said:
Hey Mums... the "Seadoo key" is actually the strap from a boogie board... the plug has just been pulled out of the foam board, that's all.

Bran <><

Now that makes sense. I do see the kids using those. Thanks

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Sorry Mumszie:

Using the rate provided by Google, I get 500 Colombian Pesos = 25 cents United States. That also seems to be more in keeping with the size of the coin.

Chip V.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
chipveres said:
Sorry Mumszie:

Using the rate provided by Google, I get 500 Colombian Pesos = 25 cents United States. That also seems to be more in keeping with the size of the coin.

Chip V.

Ahhhhh RATS! I really thought I had something.... for a while. Oh well, easy come - easy go. Thanks Chip

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
yeah those pesos are tricky. I found one that I thought was worth $90 but they have old out of date coins that are worthless now. Of course mine was a worthless one. better luck next time.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gray ball is part of a Bakugan game. Popular with elementary kids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread