My wife will now let me hunt when ever I want!

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I've found the last few weeks! 18k ring with mysterious stone! Had the local jeweler test the stone, every other time it would beep as if it were a diamand also would climb the scale slowly. He said I should send it into be spectragraphed! Because if it was a diamond it would be of great value! 14k white gold ring, 10k class ring (no name or initials), T&Co. silver ring, silver cross and coins! 18k and coins were found near the eroding dunes in dry sand (yep you bet I'll be pounding this secret spot :laughing7:)! The rest found in the water in the rocky bottom cuts. Whatever the 18k ring is my wife loves it! Now I've got the green light to T-hunt when ever I Want!(just about :wink:)

Attachments

• 075.JPG
    075.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 755
  • 072.JPG
    072.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 753
  • 073.JPG
    073.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 736
  • 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 756
  • 083.JPG
    083.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 747
  • 081.JPG
    081.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 742
  • 077.JPG
    077.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 747
  • 078.JPG
    078.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 745
  • 087.JPG
    087.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 745
  • 084.JPG
    084.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 740
Upvote 0

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job and yes get it checked out I had a ring once that looked like a blue diamond and a friend of mine that owned a Jewelry store at the time told me the same thing if it had been real it would have been worth huge money......

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit the Jackpot!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

When I started finding rings my wife started cutting the grass and told me to go detecting. :thumbsup:

M

miser

Not that you needed permission, but it is always great to have harmony at home! :icon_thumleft:

Congrats on those great finds!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking ring! Get the stone checked

JMW

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 (10.5" coil), DetectorPro Headhunter PI (8", 11" coils), Tesoro Stingray (8" coil), Ace 250 (4.5" Sniper, 6.5" x 9" coils) and White's Classic ID (8" coil)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Way to go, surfnturf! Looks like you're on a roll. Ran into you on the beach a few weeks back and that was the last time I found gold, been in a slump ever since. I think you may have stole my mojo! :icon_pirat:

halfstep

May 11, 2010
JMW said:
Way to go, surfnturf! Looks like you're on a roll. Ran into you on the beach a few weeks back and that was the last time I found gold, been in a slump ever since. I think you may have stole my mojo! :icon_pirat:

Ain't nothing worse than getiing mojo-jacked. He found enough for the both of you. He could send you a few of those nice finds to make it right. :headbang:

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JMW said:

Good to hear from you! It was great to bump into such a fine person from the Tnet family! Sorry you're in a slump. That will change soon! the 18k and silver coins were found at a different beach. The 14k, 10k, silver ring and cross I found where we had meet! Out in the water at chest deep got into a ripped cut with rocks showing on the bottom! Tryed to get out as much as i can because the sand is moving back in, I'm hunting mostly at night or when its been raining during the day. Trying to keep it low key and not pay for parking! :icon_pirat:
p.s I'll put the mojo back were I found it!!! ::) Your turn to post some of your goods :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the replies!! Now I need to find a trust worthy place to have the stone checked out! Some folks around here want around $100.oo. Oooouch! Any recommendation?? :icon_scratch: Oh ya now I've got to find a way of slipping it off the finger of my wife!!! :laughing7: All input is greatly appreciated!

SnT

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
surfnturf said:
Thank you all for the replies!! Now I need to find a trust worthy place to have the stone checked out! Some folks around here want around $100.oo. Oooouch! Any recommendation?? :icon_scratch: Oh ya now I've got to find a way of slipping it off the finger of my wife!!! :laughing7: All input is greatly appreciated!

SnT

When you take it in to get tested tell them that you are thinking of selling it, that will peek there interest and they probable will appraise it for free for you!!! I have done it several times!!!! and you never know you may want to sell it after they tell you the value!!!

As for getting i back from your wife!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a word of advice. Make sure when you get it appraised you can stay with the ring the whole time. A reputable appraiser will not have a problem with this.

GREAT FINDS!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend the Hamilton!

You find 18k in India also India has blue diamonds.

Get it checked, then get it on the banner, then get it insured!

Then go buy go buy yourself a new detector to celebrate!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Wow, those are some really great finds! I sure hope that diamond is the real deal.

Jim

JMW

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 (10.5" coil), DetectorPro Headhunter PI (8", 11" coils), Tesoro Stingray (8" coil), Ace 250 (4.5" Sniper, 6.5" x 9" coils) and White's Classic ID (8" coil)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
surfnturf said:
JMW said:

Good to hear from you! It was great to bump into such a fine person from the Tnet family! Sorry you're in a slump. That will change soon! the 18k and silver coins were found at a different beach. The 14k, 10k, silver ring and cross I found where we had meet! Out in the water at chest deep got into a ripped cut with rocks showing on the bottom! Tryed to get out as much as i can because the sand is moving back in, I'm hunting mostly at night or when its been raining during the day. Trying to keep it low key and not pay for parking! :icon_pirat:
p.s I'll put the mojo back were I found it!!! ::) Your turn to post some of your goods :icon_thumright:

Were they found that day? If not, persistence does pay off! As far as keeping low key, all the more reason why I like hunting off season, no parking fees, no crowds and less traffic. But on the other hand, depositors are out in force during the summer. That's when early mornings or rainy days come into play for me. Anyway, here's a pic of the two rings I found the day we met, one gold (14K, 3.3g) and one 925 silver. The silver looked like it had been there quite a while. I'm sure I'll run into you again one of these days. Until then HH. Oh, and thanks for giving me my mojo back, I see gold in my future (and hopefully yours, too). :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread