detectors are babe magnets(warning contains humour)

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Re: detectors are babe magnets

metal mania said:
is it so certain members here are like legends it terms of being babe magnets and the riches they find is there a connection.
Not sure about being a babe magnet. I do know this. A friend of mine told me that in order to get the attention of the babes, I should put a rolled up sock in my wet suit. The very next day I went to the beach, put the sock in the wet suit and when he saw me he yelled at me....no you idiot....in the front...not the back.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

is this the best kept secret on tnet

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Funny, most of the "babes" on the beach look at me like I am vermin if I am swinging... If I am just strolling with no detector, I get smiles... Why is that?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

when one pulls a fat gold chain from the sand its a "babe magnet" all right as they all rush towards you going --"oh thank you " old fat geezer dude for finding MY neecklace. :D ;D :icon_thumright:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey, who you calling an old fat geezer??? LOL...
For your info, I still have less than 10% body fat and my six pack abs, thank you.... ;-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

metal mania said:
is it so certain members here are like legends it terms of being babe magnets and the riches they find is there a connection.

I'm a babe magnet at home when I return with goodies and that is all that matters............

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030

steve from ohio said:
metal mania said:
Not sure about being a babe magnet. I do know this. A friend of mine told me that in order to get the attention of the babes, I should put a rolled up sock in my wet suit. The very next day I went to the beach, put the sock in the wet suit and when he saw me he yelled at me....no you idiot....in the front...not the back.

That made me laugh out loud!

PettyOfficer

Greenie
May 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That IS funny!!!!! :laughing9: (off topic - Stitchlips, the SS still works great.)

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My wife makes comments about me running off w/some little cutie in a bikini at the beach. That is, up until a few weeks ago. She had a rare Monday off and came to the beach w/me. She saw me get all geared up for a hunt. Let's just say her fears have been put to rest ;D

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I have to Agree, were All just a bunch of Gold & Babe Magnets

Just don't Get Married to one of them..or you will have to change the way you look at the beach

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The Swedish Females attitude and comfort with their own nakedness plus a natural curiosity when spotting a lunatic foriegner waving an Excal II,can be a wonderful combination! :hello2:
Sometimes i think Minelabs have a hidden "invisibility" button as many a time girls (young and old)walk onto the beach,stand directly in my path...and strip naked before donning a bikini!!
This works well with the hotties..and not so well with the un-hotties! Ugh! :-\

I would have to mark this one down as "metal detectors are POTENTIAL babe magnets"...given the right "babe".

Metal mate..none of the above works on Blackpool beach..ok? :laughing9:

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
The Swedish Females attitude and comfort with their own nakedness plus a natural curiosity when spotting a lunatic foriegner waving an Excal II,can be a wonderful combination! :hello2:
Sometimes i think Minelabs have a hidden "invisibility" button as many a time girls (young and old)walk onto the beach,stand directly in my path...and strip naked before donning a bikini!!
This works well with the hotties..and not so well with the un-hotties! Ugh! :-\

I would have to mark this one down as "metal detectors are POTENTIAL babe magnets"...given the right "babe".

Metal mate..none of the above works on Blackpool beach..ok? :laughing9:
bummer

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to get them really mad, mad enough to grab a handful of sand to toss at me. Better chance they might lose a ring that way. :headbang:

NC Iron Man

Apr 28, 2010
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Ace 250
More like BroMagnet. I've made more guy friends at the beach with my new detector than I care to admit. Every guy who has ever thought about buying a detector stops and asks questions. You need to bring a puppy along for a fighting chance with the babes :icon_pirat:

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Silver Surfer said:
Funny, most of the "babes" on the beach look at me like I am vermin if I am swinging... If I am just strolling with no detector, I get smiles... Why is that?

have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror in all your gear?.......we are dorks plain and simple

I DID have a woman ask me one time "You're not some kind of weirdo are you?"..... i said "I hope not"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread