For all the newbies

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I just wanted to let all the newbies out there that are expecting to go to the beach, parks or where ever that this is what you are going to find most of the time. You don't go out with your machine and start finding "good" stuff right off the bat. Oh yes, there will be some of you that will get that lucky and I hope you are one. The reality of MD'ing is that you find a lot of junk. I mean A LOT OF JUNK! Most of the gng's that have been hunting a while do not show all of the stuff they find. They only show the "good" stuff. Shoot... come to think of it the guys that find the really good stuff don't even show it anymore! If you are lucky enough to find a place to hunt that hasn't already been hunted by many other people and it is used frequently by other people that lose their stuff you will do well but this is what you can expect on a normal hunt everyday hunt.

Here are my finds for this morning. A little bit of this and a little bit of that. My usual fish hook, a couple of junk earrings, a junk ring, a pair of sunglasses, a few coins and a pretty little anklet.

061310.jpg

This is the anket. It is junk but pretty anyway.

Anklet061310.jpg

This is another LARGE hoop earring that has tiny little mirror glass around it.

Earring0613102.jpg

Another earring, again just a cheap one.

Earring0613101.jpg

Last but not least my ring for today. Just a cheap tin or aluminium ring.

Ring061310junk.jpg

So now you know what to expect. You WILL find some good stuff but just don't expect it the first time you step on the sand or in the water. AND be persistent.... You just never know when or where you will find that GOLD! Good luck. I can't wait to see your finds. :wink:

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Great post as usual. I can't believe someone would wear a mirrored ear ring in the land of the baracuda. An excellent way to attract unwanted attention from a toothy critter.

Your advice is spot on. Although you seem to find your share.

-FH

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You gotta keep at it. I have gone a long time between good finds, and then had some amazing runs where gold or silver came up every time out.
Right now I wish I could be out there finding anything, but am forced to take a year off due to an detached retina and the birth of my first child. As soon as she is old enough to dig a hole in the sand....
In the meanwhile all your posts are keeping me going.

Tek

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great info for the new detector's out there i had some on talking me today wanting to find out where to buy a detector, I told the the are available on-line. but also let them know that he would have to dig allot of trash to find anything good he didn't seem to under stand so i dumped out my trash bag into the asphalt nail bottle caps can slaw juice bags etc etc and then showed them my 1.99 in clad and the rose ring brass painted black i found today!!!

I told him about the finds that i have made his said it still looked like fun and would be detecting soon I also told him about this site!!!

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wish my first day was as eventful as your trashdays

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People expect to find jewelry and coins everytime they go out and that just isn't the case. The more times you go hunting your chances improve alot. With experience the finds start coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread