First outing with my new BHID. WOW!!!!!!!!!

Toymad

Oct 11, 2009
Fort Myers Florida
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN2423-edited.gif
    DSCN2423-edited.gif
    429.7 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCN2420-edited.gif
    DSCN2420-edited.gif
    415.9 KB · Views: 672
  • DSCN2419-edited.gif
    DSCN2419-edited.gif
    446.2 KB · Views: 664
  • DSCN2424-edited.gif
    DSCN2424-edited.gif
    418.1 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
You made a good choice in the BHID. It is an excellent machine.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds :thumbsup: I see you had no trouble posting pics...they turned out really great. :headbang:

:wink: RR

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have just paid for that detector awesome find and there more. Make sure you hunt that machine in AM mode. Do a search here on the beachhunter there are many good posts and tip from a lot of knowledgeable hunters. Even after thirty years or more of hunting I still learn every time out....

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Sure he goes out first time and finds a gold coin and a gold ring. Sure. LOL.

FloridaBill said:
You may have just paid for that detector awesome find and there more. Make sure you hunt that machine in AM mode. Do a search here on the beachhunter there are many good posts and tip from a lot of knowledgeable hunters. Even after thirty years or more of hunting I still learn every time out....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Not stamped?...Take those 2 golds away and whats left is what i usually find on my first 5 sweeps! lol.Either you were only out for 30 mins or thats one damn clean beach! :o

Congrats on the gold.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking ring! congrats!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!!

Where did you find the ring? Give us the details..how deep, wet sand, dry sand, in the water ? Inquisitive minds want to know !!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
I believe a lotta posts, this is one I firmly believe to be horse manure. Why am I the only one being a bit skeptical, I don't know.

Dano Sverige said:
Not stamped?...Take those 2 golds away and whats left is what i usually find on my first 5 sweeps! lol.Either you were only out for 30 mins or thats one damn clean beach! :o

Congrats on the gold.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
joeb1999 said:
I believe a lotta posts, this is one I firmly believe to be horse manure. Why am I the only one being a bit skeptical, I don't know.
[/quote]

why would you not believe this.....he found a gold ring.......you never found one?......maybe you are not turning your machine on when you go out?...i dunno ....and I'm sure you know that the coin is not gold.....

OP
OP
T

Toymad

Oct 11, 2009
Fort Myers Florida
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
First I would like to address the comments made by Joeb 1999. The coin is not gold, and I never said it was. The ring was a fantastic find for me and why someone like you would want to take my pleasure of finding this awesome ring, I can only think you must be jealous.
I went to the jewelers today and was told that it is 18k gold, with 42 diamonds. I will not disclose the value they gave me for fear of creating more animosity, jealousy.

Stanl (MI)

Apr 29, 2009
S.E. Mich.
Detector(s) used
Whites: V3i, DFX, & XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joeb1999,

Sometimes you hit it, sometimes you don't.

I personally found a 10k large class ring, my first outing, with a very basic machine.
I was the skeptic in that case, until I took it to the coin shop and they offered me some $$$.

So, it's entirely possible.
Sometimes a new hunter has no preconceived ideas as to where/how to hunt.

BTW Toymad; great job! Take the money & run.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
Nice ring! :headbang:

I could tell it was high karat gold from the color of it. It's also been in the sand for awhile from the obvious abrasions on it.

That's a custom made ring and a real beauty too. Because of the way the diamonds were set, stamping could distort
the ring and possibly the diamond setting (18k is softer than lower karat gold).

I've also found high karat unmarked jewelry that passed the gold test. It does seem strange, but some jewelry makers from other countries do this every now and then.

I would say you just paid for your detector (take the money)!!! :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting!!! :icon_sunny:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Yup. Its a good find. Silly me thought he found a gold coin to. I need to lay off posting after I had a few...lol. The ring is nice. Maybe I am a bit jealous too...lol. HH cheers -Joe

Indasurf said:
Nice ring! :headbang:

I could tell it was high karat gold from the color of it. It's also been in the sand for awhile from the obvious abrasions on it.

That's a custom made ring and and a real beauty too. Because of the way the diamonds were set, stamping could distort
the ring and possibly the diamond setting (18k is softer than lower karat gold).

I've also found high karat unmarked jewelry that passed the gold test. It does seem strange, but some jewelry makers from other countries do this every now and then.

I would say you just paid for your detector (take the money)!!! :thumbsup:

Happy Hunting!!! :icon_sunny:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
I was just curious why no stamp marks,is all. Wasn't gonna question him finding his first gold ring on his first outing as i did exactly the same myself a month ago when i got my Excal II..ladies 18k engagement ring.Only a small one and no ice,but it had me dancing around scaring the kiddies nearby lmao!
Found a mans 18k wedding band on the 3rd outing too...nothing gold since though..meh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread