davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
find a local jeweler to sell it too. Keep up on the current melt price and be assured that you're gonna pay some vig to unload it. Or you can send it thru the mail and wait 7 days or whatever for an out of city/state refinery to send you a check back.

I like the idea of going to a local. I'm there, they're there, nothing gets lost in the mail, I weigh it all before taking it in (dwt), they weigh it all when I'm there. Cash greases palm, I leave, although occassionally I do buy a coin or piece of paper money from their selection.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sell your gold to a jeweler or pawn shop. Never send it in to one of these jokers that advertise on TV for buyng your gold for 20% more. Midwest Refineries buys your gold for 94% of spot on the day they melt it down. It is where I have been selling my gold for years.

http://midwestrefineries.com/ :thumbsup:

OP
OP
surfnturf

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Don't sell your gold to a jeweler or pawn shop. Never send it in to one of these jokers that advertise on TV for buyng your gold for 20% more. Midwest Refineries buys your gold for 94% of spot on the day they melt it down. It is where I have been selling my gold for years.

http://midwestrefineries.com/ :thumbsup:

Thanks Sandman, I was a bit nervous sending away, I am not in a hurry so waiting and getting the best value sounds great! At 94% you have helped a lot!!

SnT

D

digum smacks

ive been using midwest for years but ive been hearing good things about ara i might give them a shot

goldfever

Nov 6, 2009
Midwest advertises that they pay 95% for gold. They don't mention the 3-4 % loss during refing . So actually they pay 91-92%.

American refining Associates (ARA) Pays a straight up 98% with ZERO loss. Thats right,, ZERO % loss.

Call midwest, ask them how much gold is lost when they refine it. They will tell you 3-4% lost.

I have used ARA several times, used Midwest once.
Go with ARA
ARA is the best refinery, hands down!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will send some to ARA soon. I don't like that Midwest keeps the stones even though I know they are CZ's I'd like them back.

M

miser

Sandman said:
I will send some to ARA soon. I don't like that Midwest keeps the stones even though I know they are CZ's I'd like them back.

Hi Sandman. I was wondering what happened to any stones that might me in the rings you send out to the dealers. Why not remove them yourself before shipping?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anybody have a link to ARA?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the stones were not set with prongs and they tested as CZ's so I left them with a note to return the stones which was ignored.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mainly got in the habit of using Midwest because they are only a couple miles away and I use to be able to drop my gold off their if I wanted. But now everyone has to sent theirs in due to tighter security.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread