karma on 4hr beach hunt

Gobyman

Jul 21, 2009
SW, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Excal with 15" WOT
Hey All,

CWB still a little sanded in, not as bad from a week ago. Finds are still scarce. found a nice earring at chest high water level, toned like a heavy gold ring.Can't find any markings, but it did pass the magnet test(weight is 6.7 grams), looks like maybe silver with some gold plating :icon_scratch: Does look nice though and it still had the backing on it. The story on the little silver ring is where the karma comes in; I was just getting to one end of the beach and decided to get out and take a much needed break, when a couple came up and asked if I could find their car key they had just lost (the guy said he had a spare, but it was locked inside the car :-\). So much for a break, but the couple looked desperate (they had been looking for it about 30 minutes in chest high water). So as I'm doing my grid pattern to find this key, the guys wife is following me everywhere like a lost puppy dog hoping I find the key, so first hit! nope just a nickel, second hit is the ring and the wife see's me pull it out of the scoop! and she makes the comment "Wow you really do find jewelry with those things" I thought quickley and said "looks like costume jewelry...find alot of that here" she just winked and smiled. So as I'm swinging back around after finding the ring Bam! hit the key! and the couple was so elated they showed the key to everyone around them in the water (about 6 people) and pointed to me saying I found it for them. Well, that was my day at the beach. Sorry for the long story.

HH All,

Gobyman

Attachments

• DSC01801.JPG
    DSC01801.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC01798.JPG
    DSC01798.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC01799.JPG
    DSC01799.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC01795.JPG
    DSC01795.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 377
  • DSC01796.JPG
    DSC01796.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC01797.JPG
    DSC01797.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good save !!!! and silver to boot!! HH chug!!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck of a story with a great ending! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread