Puerto Rico

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try the internet for a source of info. Its usually a good place to start. or you could ask the Puerto Rican travel agency for help.

wannabe shrink. Scram gravy ain't wavy.

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
I live here and have not had any experiences with not being allowed to hunt a beach, (not aware of any laws that prevent MD'ing on the beach either). Most beaches I work are sandy bottoms although there are some rocky areas as well.

Good luck

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to check with airport security in PR..you can get outta the US easily enough probably but leaving may be another issue. Probably best to check both ways to be sure.

Good luck...we're waiting for some good pics/videos .... Don't forget your friends on TNet !!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gee, how many friends would that be?

jorge del norte

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2005
nc
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex - Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watch yourself on the San Juan beaches at dusk......muggings happen to gringos. other than that love the place.

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Overkill Overkill said:
Hola,

Anybody with any experience metal detecting in Puerto Rican waters. Airfare about $370 from St. Louis round-trip and cheap 1 bedroom lodging on Craigslist. Also, no passport is required to go to Puerto Rico. But is metal detecting legal there? Is the bottom too rocky? Any experience is welcomed. Thanks!

This next Wednesday I will fly to Puerto Rico to underwater detecting with Hookah equipment. We will detect in SJ beaches. I hope everything runs fine.

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread