My first Video. Ok Im no Spielberg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My first Video. Ok I'm no Spielberg

Pretty good, especially since a couple have said Minelabs will not even work in the Northwest. :icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I thought it was a pretty good video and the sounds from the Gt were clear.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

awesome video........looks like a lot of silver coins....better be careful with showing the location or you might go back and there won't be anything to find......it has happened to others on here

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a

Nice video.....I enjoyed the sounds of each signal that the Gt made. If you could add a subtititle to the frame describing the type of signal and the type of find that gives the viewer more information about what you are doing and or recovering. You don't have to narrate like I do but you will find that subtitles go a long way in making the video just that much more interesting. As for showing an area that you are hunting well...hell, it's a beach you aren't saying what town or what street you simply showed a pier....if the beach hunter knows where that pier is he's probably hunted it before and it's not a big deal.Anyway....I have shown locations that I have hunted in the year and a half that I have been making videos and I have never noticed a spike in folks detecting them after the video was put on youtube. The bottom line is to enjoy making videos and remember that by posting them you will get a few "geniuses" that will criticize you but the Kudos will always outnumber the negative comments 10 to 1.....Looking forward to seeing more videos....HH....Brian

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300

not at all trying to be a "genius" just thought I would mention the possibility of looters like happened at the shark pit.....i loved the video and said nothing negative....I have never made a video in my life and wouldn't even begin to tell someone how to do it....I apologize if me trying to help offended anyone

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

I agree with surfdigger! It was a very good for a beginning video ..... I've been making them for quite a while now and it's better than mine! I like the sounds of the machine while you are hunting and I agree that a little text added to let us know what your doing would be great. I didn't like the music but that is just my preference. It was not bad just not my kind. You did great. I can't wait to see the next one where you find GOLD! Go for it! :wink:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If and when I ever decide to try my hand at making a video
like yours Crazyman, I hope it turns out as well as your attempt
did or at least clost to it. BTW....nice finds also.
Gold Nuggets :hello2:

OP
OP
crazyman

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage

Thanks guys! The first video is a edited version of some testing I did for some guys that were curious about the depth difference of iron mask on and off and also all metal pinpoint on mineralized beaches. I was trying to learn how to edit videos and maybe went a little overboard. I wish I could edit out the grunts every time I bent over. I used a little flip camera so I had to turn it off to dig. It was a pain. Mumszie, I didn't know if I could use other peoples music so I borrowed one my sons recordings. He's a guitarist. Marty-Graw, this is a private beach and has large signs at the only two entrances warning people of no trespassing. I've never seen anyone outside our small community hunt here.

Here is the original video without all the frilly stuff.

OP
OP
crazyman

crazyman

Nov 6, 2005
Indianola, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab Advantage

Treasure_Hunter, Let them keep thinking that, more for me. We do have pretty bad ground and as you can see the beaches here in Puget Sound are pretty nasty. The Sovereigns work very well here. I'm usually not prone to exaggeration but that last encrusted black coin in the first video was close to 20 inches deep. It wasn't a great signal, more like a little peep but I knew there was something there.

Surfdigger, I've watched your videos many times and you and others inspired me to try to make my own. There are very few videos on the web where people are using the Sovereign Gt. I personally think the GT is the best wet sand detector made especially on mineralized beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread