First Gold x2

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Yesterday a big cut opened up at my local beach, only problem was I couldn't get out far because there were 6ft swells and a massive rip tide. I got out there in the daylight today and I felt more comfortable going deeper and it payed off. I found most of these finds in a 10ft by 10 ft area that was just to the side of an eddy by the cut. Ring is 14k and the cross is stamped .750. I was really suprised to find the merc dime. The newest coin I found there was a 1972 cent. I went back tonight and it was all gone no cut not eddy just normal looking beach. Got out there anyway and got stung by an Man-o-war. Owell, at this point I'll get stung everyday if I can find gold. Special thanks to Ken, the advice was spot on

H/H

Ryan

Attachments

• 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    488.4 KB · Views: 515
  • 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    339.2 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Really nice finds! Glad you used your head and stayed out of trouble in the water. Don't know if I could take getting stung by a Man Of War every day to get a little piece of gold, tho. HH

Desertfox

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
Good finds!

Man there are times I miss K-bay....

Semper Fi

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Well allright brother!!!,
Take advantage of those cuts in the beach when you can because like you found out they come and go without notice. Start a note book making a note of the exact tide, wave size and even wind direction. Chances are that cut will be there under those same conditions. Being on the east side of the island, your cue is to look for east swell waves and winds, the stronger the better because they will tear into your beach and expose all kinds of goodies. Again, good for you and maybe we all can get together for a hunt sometime. Oh yeah, you'll get used to the man o war stings, actually another good sign that you are getting strong wind and waves from the east to blow them ashore.
Take it easy,
Alec

PettyOfficer

Greenie
May 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chesty Puller would be proud! :thumbsup:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
The Aussies wear ladies pantie hose (as you call them) to combat the jelly stings.Might be an idea if there's a lot of them...and nobody around for miles! :laughing9:

OP
OP
U

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Thanks for the advice Alec. I think it would be great to get out with some more experienced hunters. I've just been kinda winging. If you ever want a hunting partner let me know, I'll be all over it.

Ryan

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field and Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great job!!!!!!! I'm happy for you!!!! When my wife gets back from her annual army training, i'll give you a call and get out and hunt with you!!!! Again, congrats on the finds!!!

Ken

OP
OP
U

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Thanks Ken, getting out to hit the beaches together sounds great just let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread