What happend to the fisher cz20...

wetgold

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2006
I believe it was discontinued by Fisher......obviously the cost to manufacture or replace parts became uneconomical ??

wetgold

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher discontinued making it this year. No explaination, no replacement, just dropped it. Monty

T

THC

Official words from Fisher!

I contacted Fisher myself and got a great answer back:

We know the metal detector field is quite famous for all the rumors that abound and are glad to have the opportunity to explain our decision to discontinue the CZ-20. The truth is we were faced with having to substantially increase the price of this model due to a sharp increase in component as well as manufacturing costs. One option available was to source less expensive components. Quite frankly, we were not willing to compromise either the quality of the detector or the image of Fisher by using less expensive parts.

In the end, we decided the price we would have to charge to maintain production of the CZ-20 would have put the unit at a level where it could not compete with comparable models of other manufacturers. Thus the decision to discontinue the unit.

Too bad about the CZ! It's still the mashine I dream of owning and I will still get one some day. Need to find some Gold first.

Goldringer

May 6, 2006
Earth
I own two CZ 20's. One with 8 inch and one with 10 inch coil. The 8 is by far the best of the two and last week it quit working. I sent it to Fisher and got a call back that the repair cost would be $700. That is just way out of line. I may have to go back to Minelabs Excalibur's and fight that heavy sick monster.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i read elsewhere that bounty hunter's parent company has bought out fisher

it was on two other forums this week

do not know for sure ..................just read it

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter doesn't have the cash for this. Plus Fisher would rather blow the place up than have the quality or their reputation go down. LOL.

The CZ20 just got to expensive to produce at it's good cost. This means if you have a CZ20, it's value is going up.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to believe that the inside componets went up that much! Anyway, Maybe they can get a good deal with the componets guys and get it back on the market. I will have to be happy with my two Impulse! Maybe I should sell them!
They are deep great machines!

G

GermanTreasures

Components

I figure the housing is the hard part. It is an extremely complicated housing to do tooling-wise and I figure the tools were worn out after years of production. To make new tools for this housing would cost 20,000 at least. Maybe they will do a less expensive solution, like to integrate the circuits into a standard housing like the turtle shell White's or Garretts use. They are tight and they could put a separate seal the electronics, too. We shall see. I sure do hope they come up with a new one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread