Lost rings Fernandina Beach FL

Emkate79

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Fremont, OH
I think this is where I would post this???

I lost my entire set of rings about 2 years ago in Florida. I contacted David Stone to see if maybe he had found them as he tries to return them to their owners. For me it was not the loss of
monetary value...as I would never have sold them....but the sentimental value they hold. Here is a description (and two pictures) of the rings I lost. They were lost near Fort Clinch State Park in Florida. Thank you for your time.

Wedding Set: three stone diamond engagement ring with channel set baguettes
on each side (14K yellow gold), and a 14K yellow gold wedding band with 4
round diamonds and a total of 6 baguettes set in pairs. These rings were
not a matching set when I purchased them...and were not soldered together.
They were purchased from Rogers and Hollands approximately 7 years ago.

Custom made Mothers Ring - One diamond (1/4 carat I believe) and one genuine
opal of the same size

one oval Tanzanite in white gold purchased from Rogers and Hollands
approximately 8 years ago

one sterling silver band with Hawaiian floral print.

Attachments

• mothers ring.jpg
    mothers ring.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,163
  • wedding set.jpg
    wedding set.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 3,123
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is a Better spot to Find Help.

Good Luck !

Jeff

OP
OP
Emkate79

Emkate79

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Fremont, OH
Thanks Jeff!

It's been over two years but I can't let go of the idea that their still out there for someone to find!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we Treasure hunters find 300+ year old items
at times.
so yes there is a Distinct possability
they could still be there.

Or if found; perhaps may be Recognized

Swills

May 9, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Fort Clinch is a state park here in Florida. Pretty positive detectors are a no-no there. Sure hope you find your rings though.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope someone that reads your post finds them for you so they can return them. Some of the hunters unfortunately think Finders Keepers is the rule of detection and it is not.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swills said:
Fort Clinch is a state park here in Florida. Pretty positive detectors are a no-no there. Sure hope you find your rings though.

IF it is a state Park,
& off limits to detecting odds become better they are there.

Can a special Permit be obtained to search for a Particular
"Lost" Item, if a general Search area can be
given to the Authorities in Charge ?

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I searched a private (for fee) beach in San Diego California. I used a print out of a letter from the losing person to gain access and found everybody very concerned and accommodating. (Unfortunately it was unsuccessful)

Definitely worth a try. Depends on many factors about where lost ... but best chance would be to direct a metal detector guy ( or gal) to the spot as accurately as possible.

Volunteers?

HH Joe

Swills

May 9, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Park Information
2601 Atlantic Avenue
Fernandina Beach, Florida 32034

(904) 277-7274

I would give it a go this coming weekend if any one else hasnt done so by then. The original poster will need to contact the park and see if its ok. Also I would need to know where to look as I think you can only search the area you think you lost them and that is only with park supervision. Post if you get permission and I will certainly give it a try.

OP
OP
Emkate79

Emkate79

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Fremont, OH
Oh wow...that would be so wonderful!!! I will call right away tomorrow. I did call when I lost them...and I remember them saying something about metal detectors...but I don't remember exactly what they said. At one point someone told me that with the price of gold as high as it was...and where I lost them...I might as well forget it. BUT...I'm still here...and still searching!!! I'll update after I call!!!

Thank you so much for being so willing to help me! My husband is a Submariner in the Navy and is on deployment right now. It would amaze him if he came home and I had one or all of my rings back!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of Amelia Island beaches can be legally detected except for Fort Clinch.

D

digum smacks

i was there in march. on amelia island,the ranger or fwc wanted to shoot me on site just for having it in my truck.and i was fishing with father-in law,didnt even break it out.he almost ran me off i guess he bit his tongue to let us stay and fish.

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion2 said:
i was there in march. on amelia island,the ranger or fwc wanted to shoot me on site just for having it in my truck.and i was fishing with father-in law,didnt even break it out.he almost ran me off i guess he bit his tongue to let us stay and fish.

I guess some of the rangers there must like to metal detect ;D ;D

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
snooksion2 said:

Some of them get the badge and gun then develop a GOD complex.
They think they own the property and are letting you use it out of their generosity.
Some don't even want anyone there in the first place ... makes their cushy government job (rather position) just too hard.
What did he think you were going to do with a metal detector ... dig up the beach?
I have seen family's dig horrendous holes in the sand and just walk away leaving them there for someone else to fall into.

I really do not understand a detector ban at a beach!
It makes no sense to me at all.

Willee

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Some of the shore line isn't in the park. You said you lost them "NEAR" Fort Clinch. It would help if you could give a close location? Will be there the week of Thanksgiving.

Hope the rings are returned!!

Fort-Clinch-State-Park-Map.mediumthumb.pdf.png

OP
OP
Emkate79

Emkate79

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Fremont, OH
We were South of the fishing pier...just a little ways out from the boardwalk. We weren't near the actual fort at all. My husband parked and walked us to the beach...then he and my daughter drove up to the Fort.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I have never been to Amelia Island, so I'm not sure where on the island you were at?
I do know that the beach from Fort Clinch south for about 4 miles had a "beach nourishment project" that started in the Summer of 2008.
If you lost your rings prior to this time, in this area, they could be under several feet of sand?

http://www.fbfl.us/index.aspx?NID=471

Has anyone from the area metal detected in this area after the "nourishment"... and found anything!?

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted Amelia Island a few times. I asked the park ranger where I can detect and he said I could detect on the beach south of the fishing pier as long as we stay off the dunes. I didn't find anything. It looks like you could detect there without any problem. I would ask first though.

Tom

OP
OP
Emkate79

Emkate79

Greenie
Jun 21, 2010
Fremont, OH
I just wanted to say thank you to anyone that went out and looked for them...and thanks for allowing me to post about them! Hopefully someday they will be found and returned. If not...at least I can say I tried!

Thanks again for all the help!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the area shes speaking of is just below the fishing pier area ** (from the fishing pier southward along the beach (waterline to dunefoot--STAY OUT OF THE DUNES!!)to the park limits there is a walk over to the beach area === this area is normally detectible ---IF one checks in ahead of time atr the parks office and tells them what your up too* --however since the bulk of the park is concidered a "historical preserve" the rest of the park is of course off limits to detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread