Finally broke the gold drought

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
Last 6 trips out and no gold was getting pretty old. Today was not looking a whole lot better until I pulled out a 14K wedding band 3.6 grams. Not a show stopper, but it was good to see some real gold in the scoop again.

Actually it came up in the scoop on end and at first I thought it was just going to be another teaser hoop earring and I was almost scared to pull it out of the bottom of the scoop because I just knew that the side still in the sand had a ear clasp on it. Much to my delight it was a band.

Plucked the Stainless ring about an hour later and also got my fair share of junk earrings, but when I got home I took a closer look at this one and it was marked CZ .925 china, I see Steve found the mate to it.

P6210632.JPG

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like a good hunt.....Matt

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt BB, I like the fact you got the matching earing......Just goes to show, you never get it all..........very kool!.........HH..joe

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Great rings buddy, and better luck next time we're out. So you want the earring mate for sweetest day? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the gold ring!! Six whole hunts without gold, Huh?? I wish I could get some gold every six hunts :laughing9: You are just totally spoiled :laughing7: Any way, way to go!! HH

OP
OP
BareBones

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Yeah Steve if you don't mind I'll take the mate. I cleaned up the other one and showed it to the wife and she said she would wear those, so if you want to pass the other one along she can have the set. :thumbsup:

I looked over my stuff from yesterday and it was all junk. Not one keeper in the lot.

It looks like my calendar is pretty full for the rest of the week, lets plan for Monday. I'll give you a call or vise versa.

PS, I burned out two brick charges doing electrolysis last night. 500ma chargers too. :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
BareBones

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Captain Loosechange said:
Congratulations on the gold ring!! Six whole hunts without gold, Huh?? I wish I could get some gold every six hunts :laughing9: You are just totally spoiled :laughing7: Any way, way to go!! HH

I agree, being a Pirate of the Caribbean I have been totally spoiled. :laughing7:

Best luck and HH!

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good!! Glad you broke that spell :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions