First gold of summer

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I got into the water on Fathers Day for only the second time in the first week of our seven week summer stay on the east coast. I was only in for an hour, as the waves were pretty big and it was mid-way between low and high tides.

About 30 minutes into it I got a very low growl of a signal on my Excalibur, and after a few attempts at retrieving the target, I saw that oh so awesome flash of gold in my scoop. It was a 14K gold crucifix - a first for me.

bafb9638.jpg

Then about 10 minutes later, I scooped up a 14k band...

2a4c97eb.jpg

If it's not raining tomorrow morning, I'm going to try to hit low tide even though it is REALLY early!!!

Happy Hunting,

Jim

Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds!

Good luck 2morrow :icon_thumleft:

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time4me said:
I got into the water on Fathers Day for only the second time in the first week of our seven week summer stay on the east coast. I was only in for an hour, as the waves were pretty big and it was mid-way between low and high tides.

About 30 minutes into it I got a very low growl of a signal on my Excalibur, and after a few attempts at retrieving the target, I saw that oh so awesome flash of gold in my scoop. It was a 14K gold crucifix - a first for me.

bafb9638.jpg

Then about 10 minutes later, I scooped up a 14k band...

2a4c97eb.jpg

And I bet in close proximity to each other weren't they ???

WTG

If it's not raining tomorrow morning, I'm going to try to hit low tide even though it is REALLY early!!!

Happy Hunting,

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread