Have Faith...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Today was a pretty good day for me. Except for the kids that kept following me around. I was there early but they got there about an hour after I did. No matter where I went they were right behind me. I went to one end.... they came down there. I went to the deeper end and the little munchkins followed me out there! **sigh** Still I managed to do pretty good this morning.

062510.jpg

I got a nice hit early on, before the kids got there, and it was a silver ring marked 925 and it says "Faith" on it. I wasn't able to make it really shine like some of you gng's do but it came out pretty good.

Ring062510BeforeAfter.jpg

I also found a dollar bill floating near the bottom. I love finding those. I kept looking hoping it wasn't the only one but alas it was. ::)

I found some toys, goggles and water gun etc. I like finding that stuff too.

I found some broken sunglasses (just cheap ones) another key, more bb's (I thought I had those cleaned up but evidently not) and several earrings today but none are "good" ones. Just adding them to my hoop-bowl of earrings.

Earrings062510.jpg

I hope your day is as good or better. :wink:

Upvote 0

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
I'll take a silver ring over bottle caps, pull tabs or bobby pins any day of the week. :laughing7:

I hear you about the kids. Since it's summer break and a lot of summer camps take the kids to the beach for the day, they are everywhere!

They look like midget Marines hitting the beaches at Normandy, but in reverse. Instead of heading for land they pile in the water in droves or assault waves.

At least you got out there. I'm suffering at home trolling the forums until I can get back out Monday. I won't even waste my time going on the weekends, just way too many people and I feel like a tourist attraction for the young and old alike.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Good job. It's always good to find diving gear. I got a few masks, snorkles and fins found while detecting. They come in handy when we have visitors. Gold will come soon, keep the faith. :icon_thumleft:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know about the kids. When I first got into detecting a bunch of kids on a school outing surrounded me in a park and were asking all kinds of questions. I smiled a lot and explained what I was doing and found a few pennies just to show them what I was doing and how it worked. I heard several of the kids telling their parents they wanted a metal detector for Christmas. Santa must have been listening because I haven't been able to find squat in that park since Christmas almost 6 years ago! The kids keep it hunted out! But I think I probably was as good semaratin for the sport of metal detecting. Oh, and some nice finds there Mumsy. Monty

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie you did well as I was able to get out this morning and only found a Roach Clip after 3 hours of looking. I did get a nice signal but wasn't able to dig it out with the scoop I had. That clip was all I found too, no fins, masks or goggles. Didn't even see any gum or band-aids on the bottom.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I say all the time. " I think the Pied Piper had a metal detedtor and not a flute." Lol Great haul mumszie. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

M

miser

So what was the setting on you detector when you found that dollar bill? ;D

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I know the feeling about the kids ......... sometimes they stay right under my elbow and I can't shake them....my biggest fear is accidentaly hitting one with the scoop....... so I tell them "You need to stay back".........sometimes it works after 2 or 3 times, but the ones that follow a long way I wait till we get out ot earshot from Momma and say just loud enough for the kid to hear "go away!!" that usually works..... excellent find on the ring

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats a lotta goods, much more productive then mine today....love the Silver & Gas Money!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds mumsie, if you go in the water till it is over their heads they will leave you alone......... :laughing7:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As your swinging lightly tap there shin with the coil, then apologise then do it again and again and again they will move!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread