good beach harness

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i am 6'1" at 260 lbs. i am looking for a beach harness for my excalibur. what are you guys using?
after about an hour my arm fell off and need to find it! i am old, retired, and out of shape but do love metal detecting!
i looked at kellyco and did not feel that theres fit all that well.
maybe the control hip mount is a way to go. thanks, jack (urdaboss)

Upvote 0

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They make a belt so you can hip mount it. That way the weight is around your waist. Or you could try using suspenders I saw a guy using these one day. But I perfer the hip.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
urdaboss said:
i am 6'1" at 260 lbs. i am looking for a beach harness for my excalibur. what are you guys using?
after about an hour my arm fell off and need to find it! i am old, retired, and out of shape but do love metal detecting!
i looked at kellyco and did not feel that theres fit all that well.
maybe the control hip mount is a way to go. thanks, jack (urdaboss)

Jack, get a straight shaft, that will help a great deal to begin with. I use the one from Kellyco myself, for me it works great, but I am a little "lighter". There is too much stress on the cables for me when I am wearing it on my waist, was better on my neck, but got tired of the extra weight on my neck.

OP
OP
urdaboss

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i will try the straight shaft. thanks, jack

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Anderson Over/Under shaft with Excalibur II. It has made a world of difference and keeps the controls conveniently located. Also I heard about something called SWINGY THINGY that is supposed to help with the weight of a detector - you may want to check into that as well.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony in FL said:
I use the Anderson Over/Under shaft with Excalibur II. It has made a world of difference and keeps the controls conveniently located. Also I heard about something called SWINGY THINGY that is supposed to help with the weight of a detector - you may want to check into that as well.

Most of the Anderson Shafts I have seen are too short for a tall man, they are too short for me and I am only 5'10". I like a coil that is out in front of me, not right at my feet.

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Tony in FL said:

Most of the Anderson Shafts I have seen are too short for a tall man, they are too short for me and I am only 5'10". I like a coil that is out in front of me, not right at my feet.

I am almost 5'11" and so far I like the over/under, although I may already be at the full extension limit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony in FL said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Tony in FL said:

I am almost 5'11" and so far I like the over/under, although I may already be at the full extension limit.

I can work with it, I just would not like it. Having used a Florida Straight Shaft, then a home made shaft based on FSS only a little longer, both are a lot longer then Andersons. I am use to having my coil out in front farther, if I had not used the others Andersons may not have bothered me.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,330042.0.html

u can buy a dive belt and burn a few holes with soldiering iron........clip into place

sometimes i chest mount mine and other times i wear in the center of my back

i have bought 1" nylon belting and made mine.............glued together and had a shoe shop sew up

examples......................F Y I only
harn1.jpg

harn2.jpg

chestmountedexcal.jpg

EXCALSTRAP4.jpg

harness1.jpg

EXCALONBACK-1.jpg

NOW HERE IS A NICE SET UP.............FELLOWS WIFE SEWED THIS HARNESS TOGETHER FOR HIM.............can u find the dive knife??
rdiharness5.jpg

rdiharness4.jpg

rdiharness3.jpg

rdiharness2.jpg

rdiharness1.jpg

good luck...........keep us in the loop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread