Fort Lauderdale, sink your teeth into this!

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Spent a week down in Fort Lauderdale last week. I got in on Thursday and stayed til the following Friday. I really didn't hunt too much, probably about 12 hours all week. Hunted right at the end of Sunset Blvd and just south where the big hotels were.

I bought a White's Dual Field from a guy when I got down there. So far, I really like it.
I know some don't like Pulse Induction units but I hear all the time, " at the beach dig everything" soooo, I got a deep unit that I can do just that with. I did figure out the bobby pin double beep but still dug everyone because one turned out to be two coins right next to each other. Maybe one day it will be two rings(in my dreams).

Found one ring, on the shore in the morning, pic below. My First RING! :) 925 stamp in the middle :( Found quite a bit of change 8 quarters, 13 dimes, 3 nickels, 23 pennies, one earring, one key. Found a 1974 D Kennedy Half Dollar in the water! Haven't found one of these on land yet!

I got one for you all! I found not one but two TEETH!! They were not next to each other and found several days apart. One has a filled cavity, and one had a post under it that was rusted but clearly it was a white tooth!! Pretty weird! I kept one and threw the other away because the steel was very sharp and just too wierd!

I am going to post a foriegn coin in the appropriate forum to see if anyone knows what it is.

The wind was blowing all freakin' week 15 -20mph straight East. I gave up on hunting in the surf because I was getting pushed around too much. I could hunt at low tide but that was it. Red flags most of the week! I am kind of new to the water hunting and am wondering what everyone does when the surf is too rough to wade in? I am assuming hit the beach :dontknow:

Attachments

• Ring.JPG
    Ring.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Time the hunts to coincide with low tide (an hour before and after). Also, keep an eye out for the westerly winds. It will lay the east coast waves down like glass. Also, early in the morning before the "Sea Breeze" kicks in helps in mitigating the bombardment.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread