All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to the tool shed section and you will be amazed buy all the scoops the have and it should answer all of you questions just by reading them!!! HH Chug

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I recommend that you stick with a metal (stainless or aluminum) longhandle scoop for both wet and dry sand hunting....plastic....well....take a look at my last video and checkout the yellow plastic scoop being used by Aaron in the video....that should explain why plastic scoops aren't real effective in a mixed sand environment....

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
light plastic cheap and easy to replace -- $5 animal feed scoop and a $3 5/8 in wood type spade bit --plus not being metal you can set it next to the hole area without messing with the detector ---cons -- wear down / breaks faster

metal ones last longer * --cons -heavier to carry , bothers the detector , more costly , hard to self make.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
light plastic cheap and easy to replace -- $5 animal feed scoop and a $3 5/8 in wood type spade bit --plus not being metal you can set it next to the hole area without messing with the detector ---cons -- wear down / breaks faster

metal ones last longer * --cons -heavier to carry , bothers the detector , more costly , hard to self make.

My friend, my Beach Brute scoop never bothers my Excal, I mark the location of the coil once target is pinpointed, mark it with toe of my foot, move the coil and dig away. True it cost more, but like a good detector it holds it's value. I bought a used Beach Brute for $100, sold it 18 months later for $75.... ;D

seadoodiver

Apr 23, 2010
Fort Myers Beach Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Plastic hand scoop. When digging on the beach sand I find that the plastic scoop works the best. It does not interfere with your machine and it wont rust out or start to come apart like the last metal one I had.
Jeff
Cape Coral FL

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried digging 10 to 16+ inches in wet sand with a plastic scoop....... :icon_scratch:

You can dig in dry sand with plastic, but it is almost useless digging deeper then 4 or 5 inches in wet sand.....I can recover a target and be on my way long before anyone with a plastic scoop can even get close to the target in wet sand. Name of the game is to recover the target as quick as possible and move on to the next target....Plus I do not have to stoop and lean over to do it............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions