Wanting to try Water detecting

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past May, I was heading home from the nugget fields when I stopped at the Verde river out by Fort Mc Dowel. I was cooking and needed to get in the water,,As I ambled on down to the waters edge, a couple of youngin's was fighting over loosing a wedding band in the river.This must happen a lot, I was thinking as floating in the water,,, So as this something I have not tryed yet, I am wondering what machines would work in the water, I have looked at some at K.Co. but have no idea what to try first. I know about the Sand Shark and such, but have questions about using in fresh and salt water.
I have purchased a new pair of big blue flower board shorts, so as to blend in with everyone else at the waters edge. So any disscussion of other equipment would be great!
Thanks Arid.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want something for both fresh and salt water, go with the Minelab Excalibur, it will also tell you if it is just a piece of iron...

OP
OP
Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey T hunter,, thanks for the tip on the excaliber, will start out in fresh water near home but have family on west coast and gulf.

Thanks oldebeechnut,,, I am going to check out the rest of the sites and vids,,, Looks like there are other benifits to beech huntin also.
One question,,, If I fall in did I just kill my headphones?
Thanks Arid.

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Using an Excalibur, NO.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal is waterproof to 200 feet......You can throw it in your swimming pool, bath tub, shower, or use a hose to clean it up after taking it for a swim in salt water... :icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excalibur for sure as you will not be wasting time digging any hairpins. The Excal is easy to use and most of the water detectors have waterproof headphones. I think the Big blue flower board shorts are an option.

OP
OP
Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman,,, I tried nt wearing them but the sherif showed up and said they didn't allow that in this area! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread