Headin to the coast...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headin out to the condo with the wifey for a few days, it will be out 10 year on the fourth. We got married a sunrise at the lighthouse in Daytona, so we go back there every year to celebrate... I'm sure I'll get a lil time to sneak out, but unfortunately my DF is in the shop so just the dfx for me this weekend. I went to k co to get a 12x15 sef like they show on their site, but no dice... sold out. Ya think the site could say outta stock and I wouldn't wasted my time. I think tomorrow we will head out to St. Augustine for a day trip and see the fort and such. Any tips there would be appreciated, haven't been since a 6th grade trip. Gonna scour the sand I guess since I can't get in the water this trip... Marty if ya make it out that way, give me a call... :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
A Street, Dondanville, Ocean Trace, and Crescent Beach ramps are the main traffic points where tourists accumulate and set up shop on the sand. If you want to park on the beach, you will need a 4x4 as the sand has gotten very soft due to lack of rain. With the 4th weekend, I expect that they'll grade out an area near each ramp for parking access on the beach for 2WD vehicles. Ask with ramp attendants. While you're in town, you might consider a hike to the top of the St. Augustine lighthouse. Before hiking to the top, stroll through the museum first (especially the basement). Exhibits detail the old inlet and wrecks that have been discovered. Hike to the top, and view the vantage point of the old inlet with respect to the new inlet. Definitely a different perspective.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won't be detecting at St. Auggie, just coming for the sights and maybe some lunch. The Fort and Museum are on the list... :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
In that case, be sure to climb the lighthouse first (museum then lighthouse) as you will get a workout on the calf muscles. Also, it can get quite warm in the tower by mid afternoon. Enjoy your stroll down St. George and enjoy the Old City.

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
Congrats on your tenth! Get up at 5:00, hunt for 3 hours, be home by 8:00, and ya took up no together time while she sleeps! That's what I do almost every day! LOL...Unless the wife is into metal detecting too. Tried getting mine to go but she holds NO interest what so ever :icon_scratch: Go figure :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions