mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Excalibur a couple of weeks ago. This is the second time that I had had it out. I hunted about 2 1/2 hours. All I found was clad and a cheap ring. I ended up with 5-Q's, 1-D, 5-N.s and 12-P's. plus the usual pull tabs and foil. I guess I am starting to learn some of the sounds but I did dig a lot of false signals. As I could not find anything. Then on the way home I hit a school yard and found another .83 in clad. So I found a total of $2.55 for the day.....Matt

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good hunting ML, There has to be some old swimming holes around you...lots of history in that state....Best of Luck to you with the New Excal...Great Machine.....................JOe

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeez olde do you post on everything?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt the more you get out the faster you will learn the sounds. Heck if it beeps I scoop it so try to remember the low growl the Excal makes on gold. Try it with a ring on top of the sand, and don't forget to pick it up when you are done. :laughing7:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work. I hunted a big beach on erie close to you, I found 2 rings but the PI I had sure found tons of iron. I will be up your way in a month or so... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions