im here!!!!!!!! satellite beach.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, im here in satellite beach. i have hunted in the water at daytona and cocoa and havent found squat. very, very dissapointed with my excal coil swap!! i get all kinds of chatter when i go in water and submerge the splice and control box. i dont see any water in the control box so i guess my splice was no good? although it appears to be fine visually.
the sef 10 by 12 seems to big for in the water use(havent decided yet) but is working great on wet sand. both my hunts were at high tide and im aiming for low tide next hunt. i guess i will use the cz20 in water and the excal in the wet.
if anyone wants to meet and hunt let me know!!!
chuck.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be an issue with the splice, I have two Excals both with custom coils, one with WOT and the other one with the Coiltec S-12 coil and neither produces chatter when splice is in or under water, you will get a tone as waves go over coil it if your in real shallow water, but that should be it. Did you splice the cable, or go into the control box?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Pockets asked, how did you do the splices? On mine the wires were tin when soldered after making the connections? Each splice was liquid taped and blown dried seperately, then sealed..........

On my headset splice I did the same, but I also covered each splice with heat shrink and sealed with liquid tape, then the splice was covered with a heavy gage insulation from extension cord, then 2 layers of heat shrink, the last one longer then first, each layer sealed with liquid tape, then I put 5 coats of Plexi-dip on it...........

Hope that helps, If still having problem, I would do it over......Talk to pockets, see if he has something different to try..... I only know that both coil splices and headphone splice works perfectly for me, no issues at all on any of them........

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys!! sent pockets a pm. all is not lost, i do have my cz20 with me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread