I think I saw it on this forum.....

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
What ever happened to that guy that was finding all those gold rings he posted late in 2009 I think....He claimed that he had found an amazing 3-4 pounds of gold in like a year?....he said that he was doing it full time and he even had a video posted (maybe Youtube) showing him counting and bagging an amazing number of heavy gold rings........He stated that he used a Minelab GP series detector and I think that he revealed that he was hunting freshwater.....he posted for a couple of weeks after he "revealed himself" to the world and then he just kinda disappeared.....has anyone heard from him or about him??....just curious.

Upvote 0

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diver_Down said:
Wasn't he the guy from France?

No I don't think he was from France... I think your thinking of tentpegs from Spain maybe...He finds all the 18k + gold...The guy surfdigger is talking about was from the US. I remember some of his posts. I remember his Nickname too but I'm not going to say it because maybe he changed his name and is still on here... :laughing9:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm, he seems to have pulled all his posts too..... :icon_scratch:

travelingjack1

Apr 5, 2010
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last I remember he had a post with a bunch of new rings and someone sayed they were going to turn him into the IRS jokingly I think :icon_scratch:...After that I don't remember anymore posts.....Mabey a pirate stole his treasure... :laughing9: :dontknow:

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
stitchlips said:
Hi name was joesen or something like that.

That's the guy....Joesen.....he was really raking it in and then poof he was gone.....well I hope, if he was legit......that he has kept up all his fabulous luck....it could have been a hoax....this is the internet....after all... and fraud on the internet is about as rampant as fleas on a junkyard dog's arse....but who knows....

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger said:
stitchlips said:

That's the guy....Joesen.....he was really raking it in and then poof he was gone.....well I hope, if he was legit......that he has kept up all his fabulous luck....it could have been a hoax....this is the internet....after all... and fraud on the internet is about as rampant as fleas on a junkyard dog's arse....but who knows....

Hey Surfdigger......

You need to heal quickly and get back to doing what you do best , this sitting around on the internet is getting to ya.... Ya got too much time on your hands LOL

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
rockyredbaron said:
Surfdigger said:
stitchlips said:

Hey Surfdigger......

You need to heal quickly and get back to doing what you do best , this sitting around on the internet is getting to ya.... Ya got too much time on your hands LOL
Well Rick.....you have a point.....not being able to get around really sucks.....the important thing is that I will be back for the prime time here and probably the most beautiful time to hunt the wetsand and surf....Sept. and October....bring on those fall tides!!

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always hate to make judgements on people, but the first thing that ran through my mind when I saw those bags of rings was "I wonder if the guy heisted that stuff"..
Probably not, but man, I have never seen someone find that much jewelry, even Jaws doesnt find that much... Hmmmm, wonder where he went.

goldfever

Nov 6, 2009
I deleted my username because too many people were grilling me on where I found my treasure.

But since people are speculating that I heisted the rings etc... Here I am, I'm still here.

And I didnt steal them, lol

Geez!

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Goldfever,
Don't worry about what people say, that is one reason I don't post much about my finds on the forums. I like to lurk and see what is going on, hope you find alot more. I use an Excal II 1000 and it has been good to me. BTW, our beach here where I live has been voted as one of the best in the country, I have noticed that of late, thousands have been visiting this beach. I used to swim here when I was a kid back in the early 60's and lately I have been finding silver coins from the 20's thru early 60's, I just love it! Good luck to you. HH

stevefisher7767

Jun 6, 2009
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also post alot of my older ''silver coin finds''from the water at low tide chest deep and catch alot of crap from the local ''land hunter's'' .I hunt with some of the best machines made for the area's I hunt, and I have 25+years of hunting experience.The last post was a 1914 Barber and their positive that it did not come from the salt water.I do believe i have made my last post at my ''local area site'' ill post here from now on :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
goldfever said:
I deleted my username because too many people were grilling me on where I found my treasure.

But since people are speculating that I heisted the rings etc... Here I am, I'm still here.

Geez!
Hi Goldfever aka Joesen.....really when you think about it....why should you care what anyone else thinks on here and as far as people grilling you for where you hunt.....cmon man this is the internet.....you don't have to answer them.....or better yet....Lie!! I know I know.....people on the internet forums less than honest? I couldn't believe it either...lol The bottom line is that you have to have fun if you want to post your finds then accept the accolades and simply ignore the negative stuff....whatever you do....don't take these forums too seriously.....hey you called me a "do-gooder" I believe....does that bother me....hell no!! I get a hell of alot more compliments than I do swipes and those that have a problem with me are simply text on the internet...pixelated specks in cyberspace...they do their thing and I do mine....so keep doing your thing....and good luck to ya....I hope to see your pictures again....they really are great finds....and don't worry...i'm not concerned where you hunt...I have my hands full here at the Jersey shore enjoying my hobby/sport.....HH....Brian

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Interesting, the choice of whether or not to post. We all like to share in our triumphs, but not reveal too much information. Occasionally, I'll find something that is out of the ordinary or I've located a new super-great "backpocket" relic site that I prefer to keep to myself. I simply post some finds under a different alias and have routinely done so for over a year. This keeps nosy locals off my back and still permits me to share with the forum. Sometimes I even respond to my own posts with congratulations and attaboys from the alter ego alias! :laughing9: I'm sure lots of other folks do it too. :thumbsup:

Jim (or is it?)

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ziphius said:
Interesting, the choice of whether or not to post. We all like to share in our triumphs, but not reveal too much information. Occasionally, I'll find something that is out of the ordinary or I've located a new super-great "backpocket" relic site that I prefer to keep to myself. I simply post some finds under a different alias and have routinely done so for over a year. This keeps nosy locals off my back and still permits me to share with the forum. Sometimes I even respond to my own posts with congratulations and attaboys from the alter ego alias! :laughing9: I'm sure lots of other folks do it too. :thumbsup:

Jim (or is it
:laughing7:

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Stevefisher7767,
Guess I don't understand why people wouldn't believe you that you found an old 1914 Barber in saltwater, I have found a number of silver coins and know people that have found old spanish silver and gold coins in the beach as well. The first silver coin I found was black in color and I didn't know it was a silver coin until I looked at it really close. I enjoy beach hunting alot more that I do land hunting, I have given up on land hunting.....HH

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldfever said:

Geez!
Dont take my post really seriously... Your'e still around, that means quite a bit really.... But, to be honest, that thought did hit my mind.. And really, I have never seen anyone come even close to the amount of rings you found in the time frame you stated... Not even close... AND, there was a piece on the news about 6 months ago about all the "HOT" jewelry that was flooding into the foundries.. They were even proposing laws in several states that would force people to file paperwork on jewelry to be sent in, to make sure it wasnt stolen property..
But man, if you are still doing that well, maybe instead of posting where you hunt (which would be crazy), you could post some tips, obviously you are doing something right..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread