Targets everywhere

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went to a new place this morning and as soon as I got in the water I started finding targets. Lots of coins today as least by my standards. LOL I ended up with $3.86 in coins including another dollar coin.

071010.jpg

I got a lot of junk targets today too including lots of nails, a large sinker and even a piece of chain (not a necklace chain). In fact one of the junk items turned out to be a knife. I didn't realize it until I got home and started going through the stuff. It is very encrusted and I think one of the blades is broken but I am not going to clean it up any more than I have already.

Here are a few shots of the knife.

Before trying to clean

Knife0710101.jpg

After some cleaning - side one

Knife0710102.jpg

side two

Knife0710103.jpg

Looking at the blades

Knife0710104.jpg

I also found a bangle bracelet and was hoping it was silver but no such luck. It's junk but pretty.

Braclet071010junk.jpg

I found a cheap charm too.

Charm071010.jpg

But best of all.... I found a ring. No.... not gold but it's silver. I still can't get them to shine like Lorraine does but it still turned out pretty good. I like it.

Ring071010925.jpg

I really enjoyed my morning today. It wasn't that I found expensive stuff but that I was actually hitting targets with almost every step. I loved it and I'm going back! I hope your day was a good or better. :wink:

Upvote 0

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting Mumszie!

:thumbsup:

To really bring out the shine in silver (and some other metals) try MAAS metal polish.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Da Sand Crab said:
Nice ring. Looks like the new spot has lots of potential. :icon_thumleft:

Hey there...
You havent posted anything in about a week or two..whats up with that ??? Did u get out after the 4th?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
rockyredbaron said:
Da Sand Crab said:

Hey there...
You havent posted anything in about a week or two..whats up with that ??? Did u get out after the 4th?

I've been out almost every day but I figured you gng's were getting tired of all my "nothing today" posts. Everyone likes to see the good stuff and not the junk I find. I found another ring yesterday but it was just a little rusted toe ring. And I found a pocketful of bullet casings yesterday but NO bb's. LOL

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
That silver ring looks like it might be a "spinner ring" the middle section spins freely unless it gets clogged by sand....check it out....and by the way...No BB's !!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Nice silver ring Mumszie! Get a can of "Never Dull" at your local hardware store and that will make your ring shine like new. Either that or a Cape Cod polishing cloth.

Jim

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! Could that be a Barlow knife?

GeorgiaSwinger

May 28, 2010
Georgia coast
Detector(s) used
minelab Sov. GT, minelab Excal II, Fisher CZ21, minelab Go Find 60.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
mumszie said:
rockyredbaron said:
Da Sand Crab said:

Hey there...

I've been out almost every day but I figured you gng's were getting tired of all my "nothing today" posts. Everyone likes to see the good stuff and not the junk I find. I found another ring yesterday but it was just a little rusted toe ring. And I found a pocketful of bullet casings yesterday but NO bb's. LOL

mumszie, I don't mind the "nothings" posted as you call it, I like looking at all stuff found !! the good, bad and the indifferent.
and the bad days make me feel not So bad too !! LOL
so post'm !!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOw Mumszie looks like that new spot may be a good one , your on the way to finding the good stuff ( the ring ) from clearing out all the junk . :icon_thumleft: I'd say good hunt an a good new spot .

Lou from downunder

Mar 16, 2009
Mumzie,

I always look forward to and enjoy reading your latest.

Your enthusiasm and excitement is a credit to you.

Keep it up girl.

Lou.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Hey Mumszie... I use Tarn-x. I usually just pour enough to cover the ring, let it soak for a few minutes and then brush with an old toothbrush. Then you can take a silver polish and polish up to shine.

stevefisher7767

Jun 6, 2009
Hampstead N.C.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5,Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Minelab Excalibur II 800, Excal 1000 blue, Excal II 1000, Sovereign Elite.
Primary Interest:
Always check your coins, some times its easy to miss those black ''silver pre1964 coins''. :icon_thumright:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ooo!

Congratulations.

I haven't found a single ring all year. I think they hate me, purposefully moving through the dirt to avoid my coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions