Deep Beep

May 6, 2009
I finally got a hold of a quality MD :-P I bought a used Minelab Sovereign xs-2a pro with 3 coils and a meter from BenVA that was delivered yesterday. Yeah it's old and kind of heavy but it came with a hip mount bag which made swinging the 15" wot a lot easier. I figured since it will go much deeper than my BH I wanted to take it to the beach that I found a mercury dime at to try to find some more old silver coins. LOTS of pennies, a few dimes and a nickel. Last dime was ANOTHER MERC AT THE BEACH! All I wanted today :-) Oh and trying to pinpoint with a big coil is kinda tricky but good thing I read about it on this site before it was delivered, thanks! Found a huge bolt at approx. 20" and an old flattened budweiser can over 2ft. most targets were between 6" and 12" in the wet sand. Not used to having to scoop more than twice. I like!! Now I need a better wet sand scoop, bent the handle slightly today with all the dig dig. No pics because well I'm lazy and you've all seen change before.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perpetual Thirst said:
I finally got a hold of a quality MD :-P I bought a used Minelab Sovereign xs-2a pro with 3 coils and a meter from BenVA that was delivered yesterday. Yeah it's old and kind of heavy but it came with a hip mount bag which made swinging the 15" wot a lot easier. I figured since it will go much deeper than my BH I wanted to take it to the beach that I found a mercury dime at to try to find some more old silver coins. LOTS of pennies, a few dimes and a nickel. Last dime was ANOTHER MERC AT THE BEACH! All I wanted today :-) Oh and trying to pinpoint with a big coil is kinda tricky but good thing I read about it on this site before it was delivered, thanks! Found a huge bolt at approx. 20" and an old flattened budweiser can over 2ft. most targets were between 6" and 12" in the wet sand. Not used to having to scoop more than twice. I like!! Now I need a better wet sand scoop, bent the handle slightly today with all the dig dig. No pics because well I'm lazy and you've all seen change before.

Congrats on the new to you Sovereign. :icon_thumright: A sovereign is the best wet sand beach machine there is in my opinion, and when you add the WOT you have a killer machine. You will get better pinpointing with practice, it is a pice of cake for me, but I have been using the WOT for 3 years now.....YOu can try "x"ing the target also if you have a problem pinpoint target, works for me to.....

You are going to need a better scoop, no doubt about that, you are going to be digging a lot more deep targets.......... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread