First gold watch(the watch works, but I have a problem)

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
It was extremely hot out and I was just getting ready to call it quits. I started up the beach and there it was, way up in the dry sand, a 10k Genève watch. So I stuck around awhile and found the Tiffany bracelet.
And about 6$ in clad. Oh yah and about a billion pull tabs.
Cell phone photo.
HH
Dale
Ok so I found this watch in the dry sand and wasn't sure if it was water damaged or the battery was just dead.
Well the battery was dead, and after replacing the battery it runs like a charm. Now the dilemma, A girl at work wants to buy it for $150 if it works. I did a search on the internet and ran across this http://www.gemstoneemporium.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=42_73&products_id=195
Ok its for sale for 1,800 bucks, the band is not exact, but same weight etc.. The watch on this site is new. Now what?
Maybe I will just go ahead with the sale and let her know what kind of deal she is getting.
What would you do?

Attachments

• 7-11-09FINDS 003.jpg
    7-11-09FINDS 003.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 869
Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: First gold watch

WTG A gold watch is one of the things I have yet to cross off my list. It will happen sooner or later though. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice,Congrats on the watch. :thumbsup:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Did you find the watch in the dry sand, or wet? Does it still work?

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice!
Wouldnt you just love to be able to biatch-slap those morons that WORK off those pull tabs, just to throw them down? I know I sure would...
Oh, and all the a-hole POS that like to leave their little polluted gene pool babies diapers lying there full of crap.. I cant believe how many of those I see on the beach...
Let us know if you figure out he value of that watch... If it works, I bet you could get a tidy sum for it on ebay...

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used

Smudge said:
Did you find the watch in the dry sand, or wet? Does it still work?

Yes I found it in the dry sand, and no its not working. I checked the battery and its dead. No water damage, so I hope its just the battery. I haven't found a watch like it online yet.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

don't forget the idjits that bury 6 beer cans 25 inches down when they're 15 ft away from a trashcan. After the 4th of July, I couldn't believe the amount of trash left behind by unthinking people.

BTW, those are some great finds.

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur

That watch is sweet!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Congrats on the great finds! Doesn't it just perk you up when you are getting ready to quit for the day and then find something like that? Ah yes, I bet it made your day! Again..... CONGRATS!

OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the comments! But now I have a problem. Read the update. :icon_scratch:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Personally I can't afford to give anyone a deal like that, but if you are comfortable doing it thats fine. I have a question though, what if you tell her what it's really worth and she turns around and sells it after buying it from you?

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OP
OP
Dirt Fishin Dale

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
Personally I can't afford to give anyone a deal like that, but if you are comfortable doing it thats fine. I have a question though, what if you tell her what it's really worth and she turns around and sells it after buying it from you?

Humm! Good question.
Mackaydon said:
You asked: "What would you do?"
That would depend on whether or not I had first made reasonable attempts to find the owner(s).
Don....

I have looked in the lost and found area of the paper. If I took out an ad for everything I have found, I wouldn't have a computer to type on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread