First Day of Myrtle Beach Vacation= Gold!

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so 1st day of short 4 day vacation at Myrtle Beach. Last year I got 7 rings in 6 days, so had high hopes again this year. So far the finds have been scarce, even though the beach is packed. Just a few pull tabs, several bottle caps, 3 quarters and a dime and a Gold wedding band!! ;D Looks to have small diamond inset, it is marked 10k and weighs 4.4 dwt. Hope to try low tide again tonight, HH.

Attachments

• 100_0703.jpg
    100_0703.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, :thumbsup:

Good luck tonight! I am about to hit the beach my self, I got a fatty this morning and
hopefully the mate tonight. :tongue3:

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice ring to start the hunt off with and seeing one must start someplace it might as well be with a gold band! Hope you had good luck last night as well.

HH

Desertfox

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Captain, nice find!

I'm heading to North Myrtle Beach this weekend for a week long vacation and will be taking my Tejon. I understand it probably won't do well in the water, but was wondering if anyone has used a Tejon at Myrtle Beach before?

OP
OP
Captain Loosechange

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Philvis said:
Captain, nice find!

I'm heading to North Myrtle Beach this weekend for a week long vacation and will be taking my Tejon. I understand it probably won't do well in the water, but was wondering if anyone has used a Tejon at Myrtle Beach before?
Thanks, I haven't used that particular detector on the beach but most vlf detectors will do ok in the wet sand if you reduce the sensitivity somewhat and dig the repeatable signals.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you are doing just great. Last time you got 7 in 6 day. So you only have 4 days this time So you just may hit 4 or 5 rings for your short stay. Keep on swinng and finding those rings.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread