Ring help needed

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two people apparently had an argument and the woman pitched her wedding set into a small pond. I am going meet the husband at the park to help look for it tonight and apparently get his rear out of trouble. I will be hunting for it with my CZ-21. Apparently he thinks he can put me within about a 5 foot radius of the ring. I have googled the pond and it is not big and hopefully not all that deep. But, my question is will white gold give me a medium tone on my CZ or will I get a high tone as if it were silver? Thanks.

Upvote 0

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At night set it at 1 an dig every thing. :tongue3: Just keep your eye out for the glowing eyes on top of the water at night (snakes)

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will sound like gold be it yellow or white the machine doesn't know color... Good Luck

OP
OP
nuggetshooter

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you FLA Bill - I did not know if whatever is added to a ring to make the gold white would make the tone sound like silver instead of gold. Thanks for you help - I will listen up for a medium tone.

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck...

Oh BTW....if you find em we want some pics !!!!!!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck shouldn't be to hard to find as long as it not to deep

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nugget, like your avatar pic, just went up in one at my cousins flyin in Wi. Hope ya find the ring...

Nov 20, 2009
There is a small difference between the sound of white and yellow gold. They are made from different alloys. White is sometimes harder to hear. Also the higher the karat the harder it is to hear.
White gold has nickel, and you know that is harder to hear than copper.
Then again a lot of white gold is plated with rhodium, and I have know idea what that sounds like.

Dig it all, dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all,dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all,dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all,dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all,dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all,dig it all dig it all, dig it all dig it all,

details details, good luck, Julie in OC CALIF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread